FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

12 pin key???!!!

<<

ImSchatten360

Familiar Face

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: 12 pin key???!!!

Some more long keys:

http://blackbag.nl/?p=42
http://www.youtube.com/ImSchatten360 Wanted: Bilock, For Sale: ASSA RUKO 3
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:49 pm

I'm thinking more like the inner door lock on a safe.
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

sandman

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:29 pm

plus, all safety deposit keys are flat steel, the depths of this key are cut at a 45 degree angle, you cant do that with flat steel, and this is brass. so is is ment for slidding in and lifting pins, not rotating waffers like flat steel keys are ment for on a saftey deposit box, good try though.

can you imagine trying to extract a broken key like this? from hell it is!!!!!! this key was found in a catholic church i bet, it is the key to fucking hell!!!!!!!!!! or to the popes fuck fuck room! lol
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:16 pm

sandman wrote:plus, all safety deposit keys are flat steel, the depths of this key are cut at a 45 degree angle, you cant do that with flat steel, and this is brass. so is is ment for slidding in and lifting pins, not rotating waffers like flat steel keys are ment for on a saftey deposit box, good try though.

can you imagine trying to extract a broken key like this? from hell it is!!!!!! this key was found in a catholic church i bet, it is the key to fucking hell!!!!!!!!!! or to the popes fuck fuck room! lol

Your wrong on the fact that ALL SD locks are flat steel. As I have mentioned Kumihara SD locks are pin tumblers. There are also other safe deposit locks that take brass keys. Also I must point out that you said flat steel keys on safe deposit boxes rotate wafers, can you tell me what safe deposit locks take a flat steel key and rotate wafers? I know of none.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:39 pm

14 levers wrote:Nope, not Kumahira though the bow is reminiscent of their security box key it is much different. That and the Kumahira BX locks are six tumbler.
That key (12 pin) appears to be for a coin op device, key control and pick resistance are key (pun intended) for securing cash in a public environment, such as areas that are lonely that give criminals time to ply their trade.
For that key to work in a safe deposit box approximately half the pins would be in the nose.

OK, this is a Kumihara key, I just can't find the right link to prove it, not actually a SD lock that it goes to though. It could be to any of the Kumahara products that they have.
http://www.hiss.com.sg/his_html/his_pdt_selfdepositsafe_kumahira.htm

Also, the Kumahara BX safe deposit lock, doesn't have a nose.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

rsteuart

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:59 pm

Night depository still makes the most sense to me, being found at a church and all... Kumihara makes those too, right?

Cheers,
Rick
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:08 pm

rsteuart wrote:Night depository still makes the most sense to me, being found at a church and all... Kumihara makes those too, right?

Cheers,
Rick

Yes Rick, I originally made the mistake of saying that it possibly went to a safe deposit box, not thinking about the other products that Kumihara makes. I do believe it goes to one of there safes or depository boxes, as they make both, as do other companies. On another note, am I the only one who identifies key and lock brands by the head of the key?
<<

rsteuart

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:12 pm

the lockpickkid wrote:
rsteuart wrote:Night depository still makes the most sense to me, being found at a church and all... Kumihara makes those too, right?

Cheers,
Rick

Yes Rick, I originally made the mistake of saying that it possibly went to a safe deposit box, not thinking about the other products that Kumihara makes. I do believe it goes to one of there safes or depository boxes, as they make both, as do other companies. On another note, am I the only one who identifies key and lock brands by the head of the key?

Actually, I thought that was how you were supposed to identify them... though I have looked for a visual guide to doing so, and have been unable to find one. Perhaps one of our well-stocked professionals could put something like that together. Just a picture of the bow, and the brand it belongs to. Unless such an animal already exists and I'm google impaired.
<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:43 am

I don't know what the 12 pin key goes to but here is a picture of a KUMAHIRA key and the lock it goes to. http://www.mbausa.com/item.asp?num=BEBX-C

<<

14 levers

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:22 am

Kumahira Safe Deposit Door
Kumahira Safe Deposit Lock
Kumahira Security Box Door (with locks)
Kumahira Security Box Key

As can be seen, the key bows are similar, though different.
Also you can see the differences between the Safe Deposit and the Security Box doors.
Also, the Kumahara BX safe deposit lock, doesn't have a nose.

Yes, the safe deposit locks do have a nose, it's the security box that doesn't.
Pompous Asshole
or
Genius Know-It-All
Subjective, Objective.
What's the difference?
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:00 am

The fact about being found in a Catholic church slipped by me...Maybe it's the key to a tabernacle (that's the container where the Host and utensils are kept).
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

rsteuart

Post Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:28 am

[pure guess]
This was an early attempt at ultra high security. Adding pins would be the first logical step in making a lock that was harder to pick. Most good pickers today would have trouble with it, due to the fact that they'd have to custom build a REALLY long pick. Fabricating the lock that this went to was no easy or one-off feat. It would never take off, though, because who could imagine carrying a key ring full of those monster keys?
[/pure guess]
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:53 am

rsteuart wrote:
the lockpickkid wrote:

Cheers,
Rick

Actually, I thought that was how you were supposed to identify them... though I have looked for a visual guide to doing so, and have been unable to find one. Perhaps one of our well-stocked professionals could put something like that together. Just a picture of the bow, and the brand it belongs to. Unless such an animal already exists and I'm google impaired.

A lot of keys can indeed be identified by the shape of the bow. But the bow shape can be close to another familiar brand, or even generically-shaped and marked. True key blank identification is done by comparison of the key way milling.
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

mjw10210

Familiar Face

Post Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:58 pm

Not A Catholic Church..... Its a congregational church with the United Church Of Christ. 150th anniversary was 2 months ago.

And no tabernacle
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:54 pm

My bad. I read Catholic in another post.
Nemo Malus Felix
PreviousNext

Return to Pin Tumbler Locks