FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Sol's pin pics

<<

selim

Diabolical Pinning Master & Lock Philanthropist
Diabolical Pinning Master & Lock Philanthropist

Post Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:56 am

Re: Sol's pin pics

I have a heck of a time with the Corbin's Too.

Do you think it's becouse of the spring's, they are proggressivly (sp?) wound. I have seen them in most all Corbin cylinders, and I think they are different than all other spring's that are out there.

Just a guess

selim
<<

bouncer965

Post Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:46 am

selim wrote:I have a heck of a time with the Corbin's Too.

Do you think it's becouse of the spring's, they are proggressivly (sp?) wound. I have seen them in most all Corbin cylinders, and I think they are different than all other spring's that are out there.

Just a guess

selim

I'd say its probably down to high tolerances. I have a Russwin and be damned if i can get the bleeder. On saying that the keyway is a nightmare to get a pick in there. Plus the fact that pins 6 is high and 4 and 5 are low set pins, mix that with the restrictive keyway, its the balls!!!!! :evil: :evil:
[“A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.”.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bouncer965
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:31 am

s1deshowmick wrote:Mostly i don't even lube a lock i get, i like the " in the field " type of caper.

I picked door lock the other day that had the keyway in sideways, that makes you think a bit.

Same here, I never lube anything. Well... :twisted:

And yeah, it's a bit awkward doing it sideways. Oh hoh, I'm on a roll tonight.

KokomoLock wrote:Great post and pics, keep em coming!!!!! Keep on the Medeco Classic, you will pop it in no time as quick as you opened the biaxial!!

Haha, the biaxial was way easier than this... I can't determine the binding order at all, got it picked without the sidebar a few times but I haven't cracked it properly yet. Which is sad to say considering pins 3-5 are all the same height! Rotating the buggers is gonna be a whole new ball game cos they don't rotate anywhere near as smoothly as the ones in the biaxial. Put it this way, if you take the core out and tip it upside down, the pins don't budge. You need to push them out with a pick and use the tweezers! Fingers crossed anyway. :mrgreen:
<<

Thedonofdeath

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:51 pm

hey that Kryptonite lock has some serious pins in it man. wow. and why does that one lock have 4 brass and 1 stainless key pins? is that stock or did you do that? just curious
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:57 pm

Thedonofdeath wrote:hey that Kryptonite lock has some serious pins in it man. wow. and why does that one lock have 4 brass and 1 stainless key pins? is that stock or did you do that? just curious

Yeah they're pretty nasty. The stainless front pin is standard, it's there for anti-drill. A lot of locks have 'em.
<<

Thedonofdeath

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:04 pm

o yeah, that does make sense. anyway. cool locks man
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:41 pm

Finally took the old ABUS apart. Some of the key pins show signs of extreme wear, poor things.

<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:39 pm

ASSA Twin SCD, thanks again to lockpickingmick for this one! Had it for ages but only stripped it for the first time tonight.

The drivers aren't as nasty as some ASSA locks and chambers 1 & 2 are mastered, so I think I might actually have a chance at picking this one! Fingers crossed...
<<

Odindris

Post Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:36 am

Really Great pics guys! And yeah the Kryptonite pins looks a bit demoralizing lol. Anyways I really enjoy having a look at the pins of all the different locks and how really serious they can be.
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:42 am

elbowmacaroni wrote:For having just regular pins, them corbins are a bitch ain't they?

This particular Corbin was rekeyed by someone. They usually (if done properly) have spools. Nothing wrong with the universal pins; in fact, the chances are quite high that any commercial cylinder we encounter will be master keyed.
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:35 am

SKS Active - with telescoping anti-bump pins. I've seen this lock bumped, so they don't do their job very well. Not too hard to pick either... bit tricky, but it's ok.

<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:22 pm

Woah those are crazy looking. How do they feel when you lift them?
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:03 pm

xe0 wrote:Woah those are crazy looking. How do they feel when you lift them?

Just like normal pins, the inner pins sit quite tight inside the outer pins so they just stay up when you set them. If they weren't as tight inside there, they'd be a lot more interesting cos you'd have to pick em twice and it'd simulate a false set aswell. I'll see if a bit of oil will free them up a bit some time, would make it a lot trickier to pick.
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:42 am

Started on the m3 today... completely lost the feel for pin rotation so I decided to take the pins out and do it a couple at a time. :???:

Couldn't take out the sidebar and slider cos it's a euro cylinder, but here are the pins:

Kokomolock... I'd like to direct your attention to the fact that mine has more mushrooms than yours! :fu:
<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:20 am

Solomon wrote:Started on the m3 today... completely lost the feel for pin rotation so I decided to take the pins out and do it a couple at a time. :???:

Couldn't take out the sidebar and slider cos it's a euro cylinder, but here are the pins:

Kokomolock... I'd like to direct your attention to the fact that mine has more mushrooms than yours! :fu:

Ohhh, I see how it is now!! ONE more mushroom pin than mine!! I am sure you will put them back in upside down as usual anyway :razz: ! :fu:
PreviousNext

Return to Pin Tumbler Locks