FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Sol's pin pics

<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:44 am

Sol's pin pics

I finally gutted the corbin cylinder kokomo sent me today, so I thought I'd share what's in there. I'll add pics of other locks I've gutted to this thread aswell.

Corbin:

ABUS:

Yale Y90S:

Yale Y210 & Kryptonite:

Yale pins:

Kryptonite pins:

Kwikset Titan:

Medeco Biaxial:

That's all for now. :mrgreen:
<<

bouncer965

Post Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: Sol's pin pics

Nice pics the bud. Dont like the corbin ones. :shock:
[“A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.”.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bouncer965
<<

uklockpicker

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor
The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Post Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:32 pm

Nice thread :) loadsa spools in there - great pics evil looking pins on the medeco
Congrats on picking those buddy ;)
<<

Magic1

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:33 pm

My mind boggles !
<<

Magic1

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:00 pm

This theme seriously put me off lock picking !. I am simply not up to this kind of stuff !. I suppose it is a state of mind produced by a perceived ''fact'. Security pins, mushrooms, spools, serrated or whatever ... seriously depress me !.

The only reason I have not thrown myself off a high place, is because a security pin is ONLY a security pin, whilst passing the shear line. The only reason the pin traps out , is because tension has been applied at the wrong time. Tension applied before it gets to the shear line is OK. Tension applied after it has passed the shear line is also OK ( but of no avail). BUT and they tell me that one should never begin a sentence e beginning with the word BUT ... security pins are only security pins, for part of the time.

Perhaps all is not lost ?.
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:55 pm

bouncer965 wrote:Nice pics the bud. Dont like the corbin ones. :shock:

Why not? They're all regular pins, and the master pins actually make it easier. :mrgreen:

uklockpicker wrote:Nice thread :) loadsa spools in there - great pics evil looking pins on the medeco
Congrats on picking those buddy ;)

Thanks mate! The medeco pins aren't really too bad as long as you concentrate on the right stuff and don't think too much. The rotation is the hardest part and once you get the knack of that they're not really a big deal. With that said, I still haven''t picked the bloody 5 pin classic lol. Those are a whole different ball game for some reason, although I put that down to the pins being up top cos I learned to pick the biaxial with pins at the bottom since it's a core and can go either way.

Magic1 wrote:This theme seriously put me off lock picking !. I am simply not up to this kind of stuff !. I suppose it is a state of mind produced by a perceived ''fact'. Security pins, mushrooms, spools, serrated or whatever ... seriously depress me !.

The only reason I have not thrown myself off a high place, is because a security pin is ONLY a security pin, whilst passing the shear line. The only reason the pin traps out , is because tension has been applied at the wrong time. Tension applied before it gets to the shear line is OK. Tension applied after it has passed the shear line is also OK ( but of no avail). BUT and they tell me that one should never begin a sentence e beginning with the word BUT ... security pins are only security pins, for part of the time.

Perhaps all is not lost ?.

It's paddys day and I'm currently full of whiskey, so I think I'll come back to whatever you just said tomorrow lol. Trust me, while this all appears very legible, I can assure you that I'm in no state for deep thought right now. :mrgreen:
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:52 pm

For having just regular pins, them corbins are a bitch ain't they?
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

bouncer965

Post Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:56 am

elbowmacaroni wrote:For having just regular pins, them corbins are a bitch ain't they?

No need to tell me i got the Russwin that kokomolock sent and still aint popped it .........and not for he lack of trying.
[“A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.”.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bouncer965
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:47 am

This one isn't too bad, the other one he sent me is the stuff of nightmares though.
<<

barbarian

Post Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:23 pm

Nice clear pictures. Thanks for posting.. I always get glare and reflections.

So.... the bottom pins on the Kryptonite lock have serrations to grab at the shearline and make picking harder.

On the Medeco lock shown above, there are also "serrations" in the bottom pins. Much different shape to them.

Does anyone know why they are there ?? It's for a different reason than the Kryptonite lock.
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:30 pm

No idea barb, tell us! :mrgreen:

Medeco classic:

Pins:

Macro shot of mushroom pin:

And sidebar:

<<

s1deshowmick

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:38 am

Great pics Sol, those pins seriously evil.
If you can't be good, Be good at it.

http://au.youtube.com/S1DESHOWMICK
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:52 am

The ones in the classic aren't so bad. Not had any luck with it yet though... haven't even got it minus the sidebar yet!! The biaxial was a piece of piss compared to this thing; the feedback isn't very good cos it's greasy as hell and having to pick it with pins up top doesn't help. I've no idea how I'm gonna rotate those pins with it in this state lol. Don't wanna flush it all out though, picking it as-is adds to the challenge. :mrgreen:
<<

s1deshowmick

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:41 am

Solomon wrote:The ones in the classic aren't so bad. Not had any luck with it yet though... haven't even got it minus the sidebar yet!! The biaxial was a piece of piss compared to this thing; the feedback isn't very good cos it's greasy as hell and having to pick it with pins up top doesn't help. I've no idea how I'm gonna rotate those pins with it in this state lol. Don't wanna flush it all out though, picking it as-is adds to the challenge. :mrgreen:

Mostly i don't even lube a lock i get, i like the " in the field " type of caper.

I picked door lock the other day that had the keyway in sideways, that makes you think a bit.
If you can't be good, Be good at it.

http://au.youtube.com/S1DESHOWMICK
<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:12 am

Great post and pics, keep em coming!!!!! Keep on the Medeco Classic, you will pop it in no time as quick as you opened the biaxial!!
Next

Return to Pin Tumbler Locks