FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Remove spindle and core of Weiser

<<

Warder

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:43 am

Remove spindle and core of Weiser

Hello friends,

I have been trying to remove the core from this Weiser lock.
I have picked it and rotated the keyway. I then attempted to push and pull the tail-piece without any success.
I also have tried using a kwikset cylinder removal tool, screwdrivers, a rubber mallet and some other tools. I've been very delicate so far and I just don't know the exact method to open this up.

Please help with suggestions if possible,

Many thanks.

<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:47 am

Re: Remove spindle and core of Weiser

That is crazy I can't remember. Is there no poke hole on the bottom of the outside lever???? If there is pick it 1/4 turn and stick something in the poke hole and pop it off. I don't think you pull out the stem on the lever sets !!!
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:51 am

I have a book on all these, I will get it and see if I can tell you how!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:01 am

Ok, here are the instructions, ask questions if you don't understand, I am here to help!

Rotate the lock plug with a key or picking, hold the square lock actuator, (on the back) pull this out far enough, (pull it straight like your pullin it out) pull it enough to allow the plug to be rotated counterclockwise, about 60 degrees to the 10 o'clock position, pull on the key to remove the cylinder.

The instruction for a mounted knob require a Weiser shim pick.

EDIT: Also if this don't work, there is also some models that have a clip at the base of the square actuatuor, take this "C" clip off and the actuator should come off and the lock should drop out.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

happykill

Familiar Face

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:00 pm

Good info, Kid, what book, can I ask?
-------------------------------
Known Some Call Is Air Am
<<

thelockoutguys

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:52 pm

if no poke hole then follow KIDS directions to the T. once cylinder pops out there should be a retainer holding plug in. pry off and pull out..use plug follower if you have one...if not have fun,,lol here are a few pics...i couldnt find an lever style but here is a knob...I can look for lever style and post pics if you are still having trouble..not all are the same..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:37 pm

My reference book that I often go to is a great one that I use lots and lots, it is "The National Locksmith Guide Door lock Encyclopedia, The info I posted was for a knob just like thelockoutguys had, I couldn't find a lever either.
<<

Warder

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:49 pm

Thanks LPK and others,

This is where I am at so far...

<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:11 am

your almost there. Keep it picked, look in the hole the furthest away from the front of the lock while turning the lever and you will see a retainer, push it down and pull the whole lever off the front. The cylinder does not pull out the front of the lever, it comes out the back once the lever is removed.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:22 am

I am stumped! I was thinking that the cylinder would just drop out or the handle would just pop off.
<<

jdonnelly

Post Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:44 am

try rotating the cylinder both directions if need, and look at the hole in the rose part for a retainer to push in to release core
<<

Warder

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:41 pm

JD, LPK and Kokomo- thanks all for the much appreciated assistance.
I've finally solved this little Weiser puzzle. I was determined to get it apart through the back door, when all along the retainer was attached to the neck of the Rosette. The Rosette always gets me.
In this lock, there are two pressable 'buttons' on the rosette, the second one (the one that needs to be pressed in order to remove the plug- is almost hidden. The knob has to be turned
rotating the cylinder both directions if need, and look at the hole in the rose part for a retainer to push in to release core
as JD stated.
The elastic on the handle is holding the T/W in place to stop the plug from re-setting..

Thanks, and I hope others can benefit from this post.

Return to Pin Tumbler Locks