FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

My worst enemy: Brinks Diskuss

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:19 pm

My worst enemy: Brinks Diskuss

Ok, after 2 years of trying and not doing so well I finally can pick this R70. I have read tons of peoples opinions of picking these consistently. Some people say light tension others say heavy as hell. I know alot of you have posted about these, and most have videos of just flying through them, this has always pissed me off! I hated every one of you for doing that on camera, I couldn't ever do it. I tried to trady this lock away today and stumbles upon Jon Kings site: http://www.theamazingking.com/locks.html He said use heavy tension so I thought, what the hell, one more shot, this fricken thing just pops right open in my hand like no big fricken deal. I know just a 4 pin M1 cylinder to all you picking greats, but this is a big achievement for me!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:41 pm

Re: My worst enemy: Brinks Diskuss

the lockpickkid wrote: I know just a 4 pin M1 cylinder to all you picking greats, but this is a big achievement for me!

Congrats on picking it. It also took me a while to pick it, but once you do it consistently - you'll slap yourself because it was so easy. :oops:
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:42 pm

this has always pissed me off! I hated every one of you for doing that on camera

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etgHpm12V_o
hee-hee...couldn't resist,sorry..
great job not giving up!
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:46 pm

Wiz, do the master no. 40's actually have spools in them? The one I have practically falls open, no false set whatsoever. Maybe it's the way I pick it, who knows. :|
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:57 pm

Solomon wrote:Wiz, do the master no. 40's actually have spools in them? The one I have practically falls open, no false set whatsoever. Maybe it's the way I pick it, who knows. :|

well those two in the vid give a good deep false,so it (the driver arrangement) probably varies...(guessing)...
for example i have seen spools and/or all regular pins in different 140's....
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:08 pm

It is all about the tension. I used to have lots of problems with them till I got a super set of tension bars from Awol. There is one in his set that I go for first when I have a disc padlock to open. I do not understand why it works so well because I use kind of heavy tension on them. Maybe it is just the fact that Awol made them !!!!!!!
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:41 pm

I had to use knuckle burning tension! Thats the only way I could get pins to set, I am stoked! It's been embarassing to me to not be able to pick these! They are a different kind of beast though, I can't bump one either!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:42 pm

congrads on opening it... ive got a few discus padlocks, and to be honest I have not even tried to open theem...

I probably will now... your words of triumph have been inspirations (or just remindedme i had em lol)
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

nozza36

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:10 pm

Excellent work mate ! i am going to dust off my discus locks and
show them no mercy , just need a better tw :lol:
Open Sez Me !
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:57 pm

You take a storage shed and put one of these on it and it's pretty secure to the norma thief, aside from a disc grinder, there isn't much a normal person could do to the lock itself, there pretty darn secure and simple in design. I am going to try to pick a few more when I get a chance! Go to my video section, I have it on cam!
<<

loki

Familiar Face

Post Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:38 am

I have never worked with a Brinks, but I have found the Abus version to
be a fairly good lock for the average consumer looking to secure something.

The Abus, with its mushroom pins and "upside down" cylinder placement
makes for a bit of a picking challenge when it positioned as it would be in
a 'real world' situation.
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:44 am

Most of the pros I know just drill them off when a customer is locked out of one; especially at storage facilities. Learning to pick them is like learning to pick Mul-T-Lock: once you learn the feel associated with the brand, you wonder why you ever shied away from it all that time. Now that I can pick the discus type locks, I offer my customers the option of having keys fitted to them. This is yet another avenue of profit .
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:19 pm

magician59 wrote:Most of the pros I know just drill them off when a customer is locked out of one; especially at storage facilities. Learning to pick them is like learning to pick Mul-T-Lock: once you learn the feel associated with the brand, you wonder why you ever shied away from it all that time. Now that I can pick the discus type locks, I offer my customers the option of having keys fitted to them. This is yet another avenue of profit .

What do you do, just impression them? Or do you have a special way?
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:18 pm

I use the method I was trying to sell earlier. It's faster than impressioning. BUT, just so I don't appear to make myself out to be some sort of lock-picking superman: I had a customer a few years ago who had an ABUS discus locked on a contractor's tool storage container (the kind you can walk into). The box was custom made just for that style of lock. There was just enough space for a hand holding a key in that lock cove. I couldn't twist the lock out far enough to insert a proper turning tool, so, after about ten minutes of picking-N-grinning, we opted to burn it off.
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

nozza36

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:48 pm

Hey lockpickkid , do you use top or bottom of the keyway to add tension ?
I assume bottom due to the high tension mate !
Open Sez Me !
Next

Return to Pin Tumbler Locks