FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Herculock & Yale solid brass padlocks

<<

taurus420

Familiar Face

Post Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:54 pm

Herculock & Yale solid brass padlocks

Got some questions about these new locks I just got off some scrapped electrical Tranformers.

Four identical looking Solid Brass Padlocks with brass shackles but different Text on them all. I want to know what kinda pins they have inside because as far as I know they can't be taken apart. They have no seems or screws.

1st- Hercules USA 800(Front) MLGW(Back)
2nd-Herculock USA 800(Front) MLG&W(Back)
3rd-WB(Front) MLGW(Back)
What can you guys tell me about these locks & the pins inside

The main Tranformer had a old looking solid brass Yale lock that says "Super Pin Tumbler" on the top of the lock & "LGW" on the bottom. It also says (TheYale&TownEMFGCO Made in USA) on the brass shackle

What can you tell me about the padlocks... I'll post pictures Friday once I get home!
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:18 pm

Re: Herculock & Yale solid brass padlocks

WBs is wilson bohannan, I have picked a few of these, the keyways are pretty wide open and the pins are big. I don't remember for sure but I don't think the one that I actually took apart had any security pins at all, but had very good tolerances and wasn't something you just raked open.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:08 am

The "LGW" on the bottom of the lock may be initials of the original owner of the lock. "Super Pin Tumbler" was stamped on a lot of early Yale pin tumbler locks, as was, "High Grade Pin Tumbler". These were advertisement slogans, akin to today's, "Maximum Security". If you can pick the locks, you may have somewhat of a collectible there. WB (Wilson Bohanan) are used by utility companies because of their superior tolerances and weatherability. They frequently have restricted, or, proprietory keyways.
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

taurus420

Familiar Face

Post Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:14 pm

Thanks for the input, they're just going to added to my large collection of padlocks that I use for practice & fun when I get bored.

Return to Pin Tumbler Locks