FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Sargent Locks

<<

bumpin88

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:33 am

Sargent Locks

Hello, i recenly picked up a sargent lock. i was curious but what are the tolerences on these locks?

this one is a 5-pin "U" keyway. have attempted picking it several times, but to no avail. I finally broke :x down and used the key to dissemble, you know to practice from 2-pins and work my way up. and low and behold there are no securtiy pins in it, not what i expected. yet i could only get one maybe two pins to set :?: .

so hence my question does sargent lock have good tolerences?, because i read on some forum that highier tolerences make picking more difficult even witout security pins. Any thoughts, corrections?

"Lockpicks aren't burglary tools,
they're master keys!"
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:35 pm

Re: Sargent Locks

bumpin88 wrote:Hello, i recenly picked up a sargent lock. i was curious but what are the tolerences on these locks?

this one is a 5-pin "U" keyway. have attempted picking it several times, but to no avail. I finally broke :x down and used the key to dissemble, you know to practice from 2-pins and work my way up. and low and behold there are no securtiy pins in it, not what i expected. yet i could only get one maybe two pins to set :?: .

so hence my question does sargent lock have good tolerences?, because i read on some forum that highier tolerences make picking more difficult even witout security pins. Any thoughts, corrections?

Check the pin length. I believe on some Yales, Sargents, and Schlage locks, the key and driver pins are of differing lengths - which makes it harder to hit the shear line.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:15 pm

Re: Sargent Locks

Check what Hallis said, but from what I have seen, they do have very good tolerances, and can be hard to pick, once you pick it once though, I don't think it will be as hard as you thought.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.

Return to Pin Tumbler Locks