FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Need help identifying the Assa cylinder in here...

<<

castle 2

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:36 am

Need help identifying the Assa cylinder in here...

http://imgur.com/UAPAtxU
http://imgur.com/1bV0i3L
http://imgur.com/u2LTeTW
http://imgur.com/hktYK9y

Ihave a number of these frustrating mofos and they are already riding me to a DEEP mental false set...
crossing paths with people who have spent all day panicking and FRANTIC, desperately trying to recall the combination of a key operated lock
<<

Patrick Star

Post Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:25 am

Re: Need help identifying the Assa cylinder in here...

7 pins and SCD mark, so probably it's ASSA 700
Albeit not with one of the usual profiles. It's also somewhat weird that it has the newer tailpiece design.

See viewtopic.php?f=88&t=11910 for this family of locks. Lots of fun!

They look custom pinned though - the handwriting on the side is a bit of a giveaway :) - so hard to know exactly what they contain.
Probably they were part of a system at some point.
<<

castle 2

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:20 pm

Patrick Star wrote:7 pins and SCD mark, so probably it's ASSA 700
Albeit not with one of the usual profiles. It's also somewhat weird that it has the newer tailpiece design.

See viewtopic.php?f=88&t=11910 for this family of locks. Lots of fun!

They look custom pinned though - the handwriting on the side is a bit of a giveaway :) - so hard to know exactly what they contain.
Probably they were part of a system at some point.

Mystery managed - the writing on the side is mine to be able to reference the cylinder back to the original door it belonged to within the building...

The engraved code data,however, is the product of the original locksmith service who installed the system.

The cylinders ARE custom combinated, and have been previously pinned (there is an 'X' d out different code on the cylinder)...

How does the spring -locking screw in the back of the cylinders come out? I did attempt to use a flat head screwy but it just seems to be burning the screw head to a gripless blob...
crossing paths with people who have spent all day panicking and FRANTIC, desperately trying to recall the combination of a key operated lock
<<

Patrick Star

Post Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:26 am

castle 2 wrote:The engraved code data,however, is the product of the original locksmith service who installed the system.

It's not something resembling any ASSA keycode I've seen though.
They are usually #XX-##### (where # is a number and X is a letter) or XXXXXX

How does the spring -locking screw in the back of the cylinders come out? I did attempt to use a flat head screwy but it just seems to be burning the screw head to a gripless blob...

On this lock it most likely doesn't, since it looks like the pin chambers are plugged from the top.
On locks where it actually works it's just a long screw that threads into the front of the lock and keeps the springs/pins in their places.
So you'd just unscrew it and then slide it backwards as you dump each chamber.
Never had any difficulty removing it. At most a bit of gunk (added at factory to mark that it's still factory pinned) to remove from the head first.
<<

castle 2

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:57 pm

I have seen a video animation on YouTube showing the screw being put in from the back
https://youtu.be/ey1-BGNKIJY
The full codes that are engraved on the cylinders start with TL xxxxxx I assumed that the tl was the keyway profile identification cuz the cylinders i have with UK XXXXXX are the (r)U-k keyblank...
<<

Patrick Star

Post Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:35 pm

castle 2 wrote:I have seen a video animation on YouTube showing the screw being put in from the back
https://youtu.be/ey1-BGNKIJY

Yeah - except from the photos it seems your pin chambers are plugged from the top (like they would be if it was a cylinder without the pin-removal screw)...

This is what a cylinder where you can actually remove the pins using the screw looks like:
cylinder_top.png

The full codes that are engraved on the cylinders start with TL xxxxxx I assumed that the tl was the keyway profile identification cuz the cylinders i have with UK XXXXXX are the (r)U-k keyblank...

I only saw the "LSS55 SE 47" on your photos. TL ###### sounds more like proper keycodes. I don't recognize the profile or the code though.

Do they have any torpedo key pins, by the way?
It can be somewhat hard to tell depending on the bitting, but if you're lucky it'd confirmed that it's pinned somewhat like you'd expect a normal ASSA 700 to be.

How do they act when picking? Anything like described in my guide?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Patrick Star

Post Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:56 pm

Ah sorry, it's not 700, it's 600.
I mistook the drill protection pin at the front for an actual pin *hits my head on the desk*
That explains the tailpiece as well...

Then you probably don't have the same style pins as ASSA 700. Instead you are likely to have the newer-style ASSA security pins (double spools or whatever they're called).
They don't act the same at all - instead they give a very subtle false set.
<<

castle 2

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:55 am

Patrick Star wrote:Ah sorry, it's not 700, it's 600.
I mistook the drill protection pin at the front for an actual pin *hits my head on the desk*
That explains the tailpiece as well...

Then you probably don't have the same style pins as ASSA 700. Instead you are likely to have the newer-style ASSA security pins (double spools or whatever they're called).
They don't act the same at all - instead they give a very subtle false set.

The cylinder I drilled the plugs out of did indeed have the Han Fey "sneaky pins", along with the torpedo pins mentioned in the previous post too...

I am somewhat ashamed to admit that I tried to pick the lock at every stage of drilling and I got down to three loaded chambers before I managed to get an open...
<<

castle 2

Familiar Face

Post Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:24 am

Patrick Star wrote:

I only saw the "LSS55 SE 47" on your photos. TL ###### sounds more like proper keycodes. I don't recognize the profile or the code though.

They use the next codes internally to the different systems:

T6=> Twin 6000
TE=> Twin Exclusive
TV10=> Twin V10
V6 => Twin V10, 95 profile only no side bar
TP=> Twin Pro
TM=> Twin Maximum
TL=> Twin Low 51, 62 profile only no side bar

I have discovered that ASSA use these codes internally for each of the systems, and that the TL XXXXXX and TM XXXXXX also correspond with the keyway profile for the blank too...

the LSS SE45 code on the picture was the wrong cylinder, I got them mixed up when photoing...

Return to Pin Tumbler Locks