FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

AULockpickers videos

Forum rules
Rules!!!!
This section is for lockpicking videos uploaded to YouTube or MetaCafe only

You are more than welcome to post your videos here, but make sure they are all under your own threads - this way it saves space.

Make sure you put the YouTube or MetaCafe link between the tags. Failure to do so will result in your video not displaying correctly.

NOTICE - PLACE ALL YOUR VIDEOS UNDER YOUR OWN THREAD!

Do not scatter your videos all over the forum under various titles and topics, etc.

Start a thread with your name - EX: "Joe Bleauxx's Videos"

Add all your future videos under that same thread, thereafter.
<<

AULockpicker

Familiar Face

Post Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:13 pm

AULockpickers videos

It's taken me a while to get this on camera to put up. Unfortunately I have to say it's more my perseverance than my skill that I succeed in picking this thing, but I'm taking it anyway <g>.

I've SPP'd this lock several times, but as it proved to be so inconsistent I actually considered giving up SPP'ng it for the camera in favour of raking. I've raked it several times also leaving two pins which required setting individually, but I preferred to get it SPP'd for the camera.

That noise in the background is a small desk fan, it gets rather warm out in the shed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... cGt4kOfj58
Last edited by AULockpicker on Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

dicey

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:18 pm

Re: AULockpickers videos

nice one mate I already commented :)
<<

easy-e

Familiar Face

Post Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:56 pm

Very nice! I also subscribed.
<<

darkhorse

Post Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:44 am

great stuff...that voice sounds like landownunder...glad to see youre still using the old steak knife picks....all the best pal
<<

AULockpicker

Familiar Face

Post Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:41 am

Thanks for the comments everyone.

@ Darkhorse...LOL. I have zero imagination when it comes to forum names I'm afraid, keep it simple so I don't get myself confused lol. I couldn't be without my old hombrew knife picks mate <g>.
<<

darkhorse

Post Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:36 am

i remember when I first made mine...they were the only picks I used for ages
<<

AULockpicker

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:46 am

Well I got impatient and picked the second of those Master 410 Lockout locks.

You'll have to excuse the ending as I had to add to the video after the camera died, I did SPP it though a fraction of a second before it died <g>.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 9mowKZomr8
LDU2U on YT and do unto others before they do unto you
<<

AULockpicker

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:55 am

Took me a while to figure this one out to a point of confidence in picking for the camera. Initially was unable to pick it twice in relatively quick succession which delayed things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... fszTCUI9ZY
<<

AULockpicker

Familiar Face

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:32 pm

Didn't know where to put these so put them here so as not to clutter up the board.

Gutted a Gainsborough rim a while back and found these pins with spiral groove. I have also found this in a Yale rim cylinder.

It should be noted though that these locks are considerably aged and have been in service for some time.

I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with this design of pin, and if so perhaps could explain the purpose of that spiral groove.

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:50 pm

Very interesting. Never seen anything like it myself.

I'm eager to hear what people have to say on this.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

rai

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:46 am

I think the spiral groove is a planned obsolescence device to lead springs down alongside the drivers so they can reach the shear line and jam the plug
<<

AULockpicker

Familiar Face

Post Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:35 pm

OK, I've given that a bit of thought Rai <g>.

Considering most of my locks come from scrap yards, hence no keys, here is my thoughts on what you said...

1. Both this lock and the Yale are obviously fairly old, and if I had keys I consider they would be still fully functional.
2. I believe both would still be fully functional because all pins contained within still move freely, hence I have no doubt with keys they would work fine.
3. Considering their age and operational lifetime, any wear did not render enough gap between pin and plug so as to allow springs to work their way into the pin chambers {opinion}. My guess is, these would have just been tossed out and replaced, but not tossed out due to any failure.
4. All driver springs I have seen have a tighter coil at each end which would render them difficult, if not impossible, for spring to work its way into the pin chamber {opinion}.
5. Due to (4) it would mean the tighter spring coil on the end of the spring would need to force itself *into* the remaining coils below and get trapped there, hence the driver pin would in all probability lose the spring force acting below it and as a consequence not allow the driver pin to reach the shear line {opinion}.

Taking all the above into consideration, I don't think it's a 'planned obsolescence' in design?

Does all this sound feasible? I have not been able to find anything regarding this pin design on Google?
<<

Oldfast

Post Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:42 pm

rai wrote:I think the spiral groove is a planned obsolescence device to lead springs down alongside the drivers so they can reach the shear line and jam the plug

Ok, I've just gotta say it. I too have given this some thought Rai.... and I just cannot wrap my head around this theory.
It simply makes absolutely no sense to me. In what way would a company and/or consumer gain by such a design?

EDIT: To me, the spirals almost look worn in through use rather than produced like that from the factory. But I dunno.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."

Return to Lock Picking Videos