FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Tarquin's Vids

Forum rules
Rules!!!!
This section is for lockpicking videos uploaded to YouTube or MetaCafe only

You are more than welcome to post your videos here, but make sure they are all under your own threads - this way it saves space.

Make sure you put the YouTube or MetaCafe link between the tags. Failure to do so will result in your video not displaying correctly.

NOTICE - PLACE ALL YOUR VIDEOS UNDER YOUR OWN THREAD!

Do not scatter your videos all over the forum under various titles and topics, etc.

Start a thread with your name - EX: "Joe Bleauxx's Videos"

Add all your future videos under that same thread, thereafter.
<<

Tarquin

Familiar Face

Post Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:06 pm

Re: Tarquin's Vids

magician59 wrote:I made the offer to make a key for the lock.

You did!?

I'm sorry I couldn't remember who made the offer. Thank you, Mag. I'll contact you and work it out, because it's a great newbie lock to teach people on and my niece has shown great interest - and has good judgement - so I'd like to get her started on that one.

Thanks for letting me know!
<<

ahab

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:29 pm

Tarquin wrote:And a second vid.

M5's and an M15 for Newbies tutorial, plus some random shit that was faster to show and tell than to type out.

for the record, me and puc dont drink, infact, Puc has an alergie to yeast or some shit like that and i have literaly drank on 5 occaisions in my 27 years. so we never drank, let alone, were too drunk to pick your m15. we sucked, sure... but not drunk.
<<

Tarquin

Familiar Face

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:09 am

ahab wrote:for the record, me and puc dont drink, infact, Puc has an alergie to yeast or some shit like that and i have literaly drank on 5 occaisions in my 27 years. so we never drank, let alone, were too drunk to pick your m15. we sucked, sure... but not drunk.

I was the only one drinking?

Well, that explains a lot... Fuck me, man. Maybe I need to cut back..
<<

Tarquin

Familiar Face

Post Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:10 am

Okay, so this one's about beer.

It's a two part movie. I haven't finished this first batch yet so I can't show how it turned out, but hopefully they'll be set by next weekend.

I also made another batch tonight, but I'll post that video tomorrow.
<<

Tarquin

Familiar Face

Post Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:30 am

Alright, be honest. My first video was the intro video for basic bypasses and simple picking that I made as my first vid. I made it for another board actually, where they were asking me to show them I could really do it. You guys were all really supportive of me and stuff, and I appreciate that.

I noticed today though, that on the video I made I have 79 views, no likes and two dislikes.

I'm NOT whining about the dislikes. I like feedback and I appreciate it when it's honest feedback.

I do want to do better so I'd prefer honest dislikes to false likes.

I am NOT whining about the dislikes. What I am wondering is if you guys might tell me why you think the only votes it got have been negative so that I can do better moving forward. If I find something that really ought to be improved I'll consider remaking the video. I've just been looking at it and saying, "Well, yeah, it's dumb shit, but for what it seems to be it ain't terrible."

Apparently others disagree.

I'm a perfectionist and I want to make good vids. I can handle critique. If someone would be willing to let me know what areas I need to improve in my presentations, I'd appreciate that.
<<

Tarquin

Familiar Face

Post Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:57 am

Never mind. My two beer vids also just got two dislikes each, so I'm pretty sure it's just someone fuckin' around.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something totally wrong. I think it's just someone being a fuck-tard so never mind.
<<

Aedalas

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:00 am

Tarquin wrote: someone being a fuck-tard
Hi, welcome to the internet. Please see that booth there for your "I'm a fuck-tard" namebadge, then feel free to move on to any comment section of your choosing.
"What if you people made giant boulders illegal because of all the innocent people who get killed by giant boulders?"
"People dont kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"
<<

Tarquin

Familiar Face

Post Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:09 pm

And yet another fail vid:

<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:40 pm

At least you make the video entertaining to watch. My best friend tells me how dull my vids are.

You know if you have a Peterson Gem they kill American padlocks. Also I can tell from your vid that you have not polished your pick. It does make a world of difference.

The pass-a-long will be on it's way to you by mid week. The pagoda and this damn Hurd padlock are kicking my ass but I want to give them both an honest go.
<<

Tarquin

Familiar Face

Post Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:58 am

mdchurchill wrote:At least you make the video entertaining to watch. My best friend tells me how dull my vids are.

You know if you have a Peterson Gem they kill American padlocks. Also I can tell from your vid that you have not polished your pick. It does make a world of difference.

The pass-a-long will be on it's way to you by mid week. The pagoda and this damn Hurd padlock are kicking my ass but I want to give them both an honest go.

Thanks for the feedback, Churchill. I haven't polished my picks, but I'm going to this week I think. Thanks for the head's up on the gem's impact on the Americans. I presume you mean kill as in "does damage" as opposed to "picks it easily."

Take your time on the pass-along. I'd really like to get a success of the M960 before I do the pass-along anyway.
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:09 am

Tarquin wrote:
mdchurchill wrote:At least you make the video entertaining to watch. My best friend tells me how dull my vids are.

Thanks for the feedback, Churchill. I haven't polished my picks, but I'm going to this week I think. Thanks for the head's up on the gem's impact on the Americans. I presume you mean kill as in "does damage" as opposed to "picks it easily."

Take your time on the pass-along. I'd really like to get a success of the M960 before I do the pass-along anyway.

By kill I mean it picks them easily. There was a thread where I asked about advice on American padlocks or serrated pins a while back. It was the advice I got that helped me pick them. viewtopic.php?f=36&t=6072&p=49808#p49808
<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:28 am

Vary the tension u use on these I use very little tension ad typically a half diamond or Peterson gem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvO35bgB3gI&feature=youtube_gdata_player
These can also be bumped fairly easy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juPHUGfQRc0&feature=youtube_gdata_player
<<

Tarquin

Familiar Face

Post Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:01 pm

mdchurchill wrote:By kill I mean it picks them easily. There was a thread where I asked about advice on American padlocks or serrated pins a while back. It was the advice I got that helped me pick them. viewtopic.php?f=36&t=6072&p=49808#p49808

Ooo... Good to know! Thank you!

MrPharmer2012 wrote:Vary the tension u use on these I use very little tension ad typically a half diamond or Peterson gem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvO35bgB3gI&feature=youtube_gdata_player
These can also be bumped fairly easy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juPHUGfQRc0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Thank you for that insight as well, Pharmer. I'll study up on those as well!
<<

Tarquin

Familiar Face

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:19 pm

And another new fail vid:

Previous

Return to Lock Picking Videos