FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Tarquin's Vids

Forum rules
Rules!!!!
This section is for lockpicking videos uploaded to YouTube or MetaCafe only

You are more than welcome to post your videos here, but make sure they are all under your own threads - this way it saves space.

Make sure you put the YouTube or MetaCafe link between the tags. Failure to do so will result in your video not displaying correctly.

NOTICE - PLACE ALL YOUR VIDEOS UNDER YOUR OWN THREAD!

Do not scatter your videos all over the forum under various titles and topics, etc.

Start a thread with your name - EX: "Joe Bleauxx's Videos"

Add all your future videos under that same thread, thereafter.
<<

Tarquin

Familiar Face

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:30 am

Tarquin's Vids

Okay. I was talking about locksport on another forum and they asked me some questions about it. I went ahead and made a video for them about it with my basic locks.

I know most of YOU don't consider Schlages basic locks. I think anything that costs more than $150 is high end though. Also, it's a really cheesy video. I'll probably make a youtube account and start upping some vids to it soon enough. I need to make another one today actually so I can send some stuff off to Xeo.

Nonethe less, here's my first video.

Last edited by Tarquin on Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:29 pm

Re: Tarquin's Vids

A fine first video. "Trick lock store"...(still laughing) I might just use that!
I can generate a key for the one you say is your favorite lock. Than it would be your favorite...WITH a key!

Well done!
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:00 am

Great first vid. Be sure and let us know when your youtube channel is up and running... I'll grab a ticket to the show :)
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

Logan

Familiar Face

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:38 am

Nice video, I also don't explain what I'm doing in my videos I don't want any headaches like some mom being like "your videos taught my son how to brake into my liquor cabinet" or something. Hell even when my friends ask I just tell most of 'em the secret to learning lock-picking is to grow mutton chops; they let you sense whats going on in the lock. :razz:
"My only definite plan is that in the future I'm definitely just using this screwdriver for screwing in screws" -The Doctor

┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐
<<

Tarquin

Familiar Face

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:03 pm

Oldfast wrote:Great first vid. Be sure and let us know when your youtube channel is up and running... I'll grab a ticket to the show :)

Got it!

I edited the first post to be a youtube link.

I also have another video to add, but I need to cut out over three minutes off the end first. I'll be working on that today.

Thank you for the words of encouragement and support.
<<

NNFAK

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:07 pm

Glad to see you got the video up man! Time to go subscribe.
<<

Tarquin

Familiar Face

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:47 pm

Thanks for the subscriptions, gang!

Okay, I have a new problem.

I'm trying to shorten and then splice together two clips.

I have Windows Movie Maker and it came with my machine, so presumably I should be able to run it. The problem is that when I open it I get a message saying that it cannot start because my video card isn't capable of running it.

When I check the details of my display adapters I find that my machine has:

-Intel(r) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
-mv video hook driver2

Are these not adequate for running Windows Movie Maker on a Vista machine? Is there any way I can make this video editor work?

If not, is there an editor one of you can suggest that might help me cut off the end of a video and then splice two videos together into one?

I tried VideoSpirit Pro, but it doesn't seem to be capable of working with individual files unless they're made from that program originally, which mine isn't.

I also tried Xilisoft Video Editor, but it won't even start correctly on my machine, and I'm not sure why.

Do any of you have a decent video editor you can recommend for me to use on this Vista machine? If not, is it possible to upload both video clips to youtube and then trim and merge them there?

Thanks in advance for any help. I thought picking locks was hard until I tried to make a fucking video of it.
<<

Aedalas

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:37 pm

Tarquin wrote:I also have another video to add, but I need to cut out over three minutes off the end first.
Was really thinking for a minute that your video was 10 hours and 3 minutes long before I realized that you probably just meant you have 3 minutes you want to take off. I can be sorta special needs sometimes...

As for your WMM issues, I've never ran into that problem but the first thing you're going to want to try is to update your graphics driver. Vista was retarded, it wouldn't surprise me at all if it couldn't run WMM on your machine. But you can use Youtube to edit video if it comes to that, so you're not sol yet.
"What if you people made giant boulders illegal because of all the innocent people who get killed by giant boulders?"
"People dont kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"
<<

Tarquin

Familiar Face

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:39 pm

Aedalas wrote:
Tarquin wrote:As for your WMM issues, I've never ran into that problem but the first thing you're going to want to try is to update your graphics driver.

Okay, I waded through the rat maze and found the cheese, which is to say I located the button to update my driver after opening 7 menus to get to it. It says it's up to date.

But you can use Youtube to edit video if it comes to that, so you're not sol yet.

So using Youtube I can cut off the end of a video, splice two of them together, and produce one final product?

Will I then be able to output it back onto my computer? I'd really like a copy of the finished product, but I'll be damned if i know how to get it off of youtube and back onto my hard drive.
<<

Aedalas

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:42 pm

Not sure you can do that one the normal way. Do you use Firefox? There is a decent plug in to download youtube videos for it. If you're using IE you need to switch to Firefox (or Chrome) anyways, so here's a good reason. Here is the one that I use, just select MP4 as an output.

Obligatory "don't use this to illegally download music" speech, but I've seen too many episodes of MTV's Cribs to really give a rats ass anymore tbh. It's slower than Frostwire, but you know exactly what you're getting.
"What if you people made giant boulders illegal because of all the innocent people who get killed by giant boulders?"
<<

Tarquin

Familiar Face

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:00 pm

Thanks.

Now I do note that on my "Manage Videos" menu in youtube, it will allow me to download an MP4, apparently of my finished video.

I tested it out and it does appear to export the finished video in MP4 format, but it doesn't include the annotations I made.

Still, that's better than nothing so apparently I can use this? That's a question, not a statement. I want to know if this will work.
<<

Aedalas

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:06 pm

Huh, I never knew Youtube had that...

Just checked it out, it appears you can use that.

My comments about IE still apply though :)
<<

Tarquin

Familiar Face

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:09 pm

Aedalas wrote:My comments about IE still apply though :)

Your comments about IE were never in dispute. I've been on Firefox for about 6 years now, and even my basic understanding of the Internet makes me feel like people that are still on IE are stuck in the age of stupid.
<<

Aedalas

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:15 pm

Just making sure. :)

Also, your understanding of the internet is entirely correct.
<<

firstbiggestmost

Familiar Face

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:33 pm

Nice video. I need to check some of my locks out to see if they can be bypassed. Would be a cool trick to impress the natives with.
What man has done, man can do.
Next

Return to Lock Picking Videos