FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

vienessewaltzer's videos

Forum rules
Rules!!!!
This section is for lockpicking videos uploaded to YouTube or MetaCafe only

You are more than welcome to post your videos here, but make sure they are all under your own threads - this way it saves space.

Make sure you put the YouTube or MetaCafe link between the tags. Failure to do so will result in your video not displaying correctly.

NOTICE - PLACE ALL YOUR VIDEOS UNDER YOUR OWN THREAD!

Do not scatter your videos all over the forum under various titles and topics, etc.

Start a thread with your name - EX: "Joe Bleauxx's Videos"

Add all your future videos under that same thread, thereafter.
<<

vienessewaltzer

Familiar Face

Post Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:56 am

vienessewaltzer's videos

Hello all,

My friend let me borrow this lock that I thought was pretty cool. It has at least one security pin and was a real challenge for me to pick at first but I figured I would share the video of me picking it. It's an older US SET lock (n8) and I was told on another forum that it was military issued. Regardless, it was the first lock I tried to pick with security pins in it, and the small keyway really provided an added challenge. Even my half hook was pushing pins down too far, so I ended up pushing them down with a half diamond inducing a false set and then finishing it off with a half hook. If I had a smaller set of picks the half hook might have worked. Anyway, here's the video! Thanks!

<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: vienessewaltzer's videos

Welcome aboard. As far as more "room" to work in the keyway, you can tension from the top of the keyway and create a very open keyway. Your tension tool will need to be a bit shorter on the business end, but it works very well. If you peruse the other posts here you will find many (most) of the pickers prefer that method. Have fun.
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
<<

vienessewaltzer

Familiar Face

Post Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:57 am

Yeah I've really wanted a TOK torsion tool since I started working on that lock, but I don't want to cut the ones I have up. I'll have to order one after the holidays. The more I pick this the less those wrenches work too because the metal is old and started to crumble on me making the keyway REALLY loose (if that makes sense). Kind of a bummer as it's really frustrating to pick because the wrench won't supply consistent torsion. :shock:
<<

vienessewaltzer

Familiar Face

Post Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:51 pm

Schlage deadbolt.

First one with lots of spool pins!!

Pretty fun:)

Enjoy!

<<

vienessewaltzer

Familiar Face

Post Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:36 pm

In response to the video with the schlage. I actually went ahead and bought a bunch of tools to assist in the break down of it (it took like 5 minutes to pick, disassemble, and reassemble). I can post another video but I figured this would be easier. Just a couple pics of the vise I bought and the pins in the deadbolt. I'll post another one soon, I just got an american 5200, masterlock #5, and a brinks high security padlock. So videos will be up of those soon!

Here's the pics:

http://imageshack.us/f/849/20111227180959931.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/851/20111227181034513.jpg/
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:03 pm

Counter-rotation!.. the stuff funs made of :D

You're progressing quickly! Great stuff. I look foward to seein' ya pop the Brinks & American.
I love American locks... they were my introduction to serrated pins. Crunch, crunch.. music to my ears.

Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing it with us.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

vienessewaltzer

Familiar Face

Post Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:34 pm

Thanks Oldfast!

As for the Americans, I actually got one over the holidays and picked and gutted.

The pictures for the pins that you see incredibly blurry in the video, can be seen here. I think there were two serrated and 3 spool/serrated pins. Anyway here are the links:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/18/20111228194425958.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/836/20111228194339520.jpg/

Thanks for watching all, hope to have more locks soon!

Return to Lock Picking Videos