FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Oldfast tele

Forum rules
Rules!!!!
This section is for lockpicking videos uploaded to YouTube or MetaCafe only

You are more than welcome to post your videos here, but make sure they are all under your own threads - this way it saves space.

Make sure you put the YouTube or MetaCafe link between the tags. Failure to do so will result in your video not displaying correctly.

NOTICE - PLACE ALL YOUR VIDEOS UNDER YOUR OWN THREAD!

Do not scatter your videos all over the forum under various titles and topics, etc.

Start a thread with your name - EX: "Joe Bleauxx's Videos"

Add all your future videos under that same thread, thereafter.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:44 pm

Re: Oldfast tele

SEGAL . . . (00:48)

YALE US . . . (1:90)

Impressioned a key for these two 'oldies but goodies'... viewtopic.php?p=61788#p61788
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

Oldfast

Post Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:13 pm

Package from Bosnianbill . . . (06:49)
Picked 'outta-box': a YALE and a couple 5200's (bumpstop versions)

First off, some thoughts on the new American 5200's and picking them. MasterLock now wholly owns & opperates American Lock.
One of the many changes resulting from this are these "bumpstop" versions of the 5200. Beyond the lock body and the name it bares,
these locks are completely different inside: keyway, key, core, keypins, driverpins. There are 5 standard keypins, 4 standard drivers,
and 1 bumpstop driver. This pin is slightly larger in diameter and specifically shaped to (supposedly) counteract the effects of a bumpkey.

When it comes to picking, these are not necessarily difficult... just different. The keyway is not as easily
negotiated as the open AM3 was. So I tension from the bottom and ride the ward with a half diamond.

The other problem we experience is the abnormal reaction of the pins -- initially, none of the pins seem to bind (probably what you were eluding to when you mentioned these had given you some trouble?). Admittedly, I've only encountered ONE of these prior to your package Bill... so this is just speculation on my part. But I believe the larger diameter bumpstop driver is what creates this effect. I apply moderate to heavy tension while searching for this pin (which feels slightly firmer than the rest). I let off tension somewhat while setting it. Once this pin is set the remaining pins react normally... they distinctly bind and set.

And the rest of the lot... all oldies but goodies! Thanks so much Bill! In regards to the Yale in need of a key; yes a KW1 does fit and could more than likely be made to work the lock. However it isn't the 'true' profile. And most of all, I just can't bring myself to allow a Kwikset bow to hang outta such a fine old Yale LOL. Unfortunately, I don't have the correct one in my very small stock of blanks, but I WILL find one. Thanks for the opportunity to gain some more experience & learn a little somethin' new :)
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:42 pm

Seeing that Pall Mall thing made me cringe.

Excellent work as per usual Oldfast.

Interesting placement of your tensioner on those Americans.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

Oldfast

Post Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:20 pm

xeo wrote:.... Seeing that Pall Mall thing made me cringe ....

Yeah, they seem to be tasting like absolute shit more & more every day.
And more & more I feel like a fuckin' idiot LOL. Especially having one right after a good workout (shakes his head)

xeo wrote:.... Interesting placement of your tensioner on those Americans....

A little different, but it seems to work for me when it comes to these. A while back I started
pickin' & tensioning everything from every angle... just for the sake of adversity I guess.
But what I found while doing this is that some locks just open easier for me from certain positions.
Previous

Return to Lock Picking Videos