FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Josh66 - Videos

Forum rules
Rules!!!!
This section is for lockpicking videos uploaded to YouTube or MetaCafe only

You are more than welcome to post your videos here, but make sure they are all under your own threads - this way it saves space.

Make sure you put the YouTube or MetaCafe link between the tags. Failure to do so will result in your video not displaying correctly.

NOTICE - PLACE ALL YOUR VIDEOS UNDER YOUR OWN THREAD!

Do not scatter your videos all over the forum under various titles and topics, etc.

Start a thread with your name - EX: "Joe Bleauxx's Videos"

Add all your future videos under that same thread, thereafter.
<<

Josh66

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:23 pm

Josh66 - Videos

OK, Finally got my video camera to play nice with Linux - so I'll be posting videos now too.

Here's one to serve as a place holder for the one I'm really starting this thread for (it's uploading now) - plus, I want to make sure I know how to post them...

...Hopefully that works. First video, so go easy, lol. I should have another to add in about 10 minutes...
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Josh66 - Videos

Nice job picking, and I love that pick too.

As you said in another thread of yours, your polishing work is really moving along.
<<

Josh66

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:34 pm

gotta render the video again - something went wrong...
Last edited by Josh66 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Josh66

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:40 pm

ah - WTF. Gotta render that again. The last part was in fast forward or something...

edit

OK, I don't know what is going on... I've rendered this video three times now (and that takes about 20 minutes), and every time it looks fine in the video editor, but the last scene is in fast forward on the final product. I may have to reshoot it in the morning...
<<

Josh66

Post Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:56 pm

I wasn't able to get the video I was working on last night fixed, so I shot a new one today. In the other video, I picked a lock with them too (and that was the scene that was giving me all of the problems in editing) - I will add a video of them in action soon - probably later tonight.

<<

Josh66

Post Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:17 pm

I think I'll pick my Y300 with the half diamond pretty soon. I actually did right before I shot this, but I didn't film it. Sometimes that lock kicks my ass, and sometimes I can open it pretty fast - I didn't want to sit there struggling with it on camera for too long, lol. It seems like I always get every pin but the last one set quickly, but that last one is hard to set without oversetting the pin right in front of it.

I may pick a Brinks marine lock instead though. The half diamond is larger than any I've seen for sale, but even on a keyway as small as that Brinks has, I am able to maneuver it around pretty easily.
<<

Alaphablue

The only difference between me and this crazy island is that I'm a madman!
The only difference between me and this crazy island is that I'm a madman!

Post Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:50 pm

Very good man, picking vids Are always entertaining I like the crisp Shape of your offset half diamond It looks super effective for stubborn back pins .
Last edited by Alaphablue on Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Josh66

Post Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:50 pm

Thanks. Rendering a video of me picking and gutting a Yale Y300 with the half diamond now. 40 minutes to render (ouch), then maybe another 15 to upload...

Hopefully I don't have any problems like I did last night... The video is about 10 minutes total.
<<

Josh66

Post Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:06 pm

Thanks for watching.

Return to Lock Picking Videos