FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Velvokays lockpicking videos...

Forum rules
Rules!!!!
This section is for lockpicking videos uploaded to YouTube or MetaCafe only

You are more than welcome to post your videos here, but make sure they are all under your own threads - this way it saves space.

Make sure you put the YouTube or MetaCafe link between the tags. Failure to do so will result in your video not displaying correctly.

NOTICE - PLACE ALL YOUR VIDEOS UNDER YOUR OWN THREAD!

Do not scatter your videos all over the forum under various titles and topics, etc.

Start a thread with your name - EX: "Joe Bleauxx's Videos"

Add all your future videos under that same thread, thereafter.
<<

Velvokay

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:26 pm

Velvokays lockpicking videos...

Here it is, A brinks, roadkill Abus 45hb10 a Master no 5, and for some reason the kwikset was being a fu*ktard.

:armed: :armed:
Foot on the pedal - never ever false metal
Engine running hotter than a boiling kettle
The Beastie boys
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:57 pm

Re: Velvokays lockpicking videos...

Rakemonger!! :fu:

Seriously though, I can see that you were trying to SPP the kwikset but your technique is very sloppy. I used to do it the exact same way though and I'm sure plenty of others did, so don't take it the wrong way when I say that. As a natter of fact I've only just been getting the hang of this properly the last couple of months, and I've been picking for almost 2 years!! I really wish I'd taken the time to do things this way in the first place, but anyway here is what I've learned... If you want to get any good at SPP you should really try to slow things down and pay attention to the pins individually. Working them randomly with a hook or half diamond doesn't make it SPP, it's more controlled than raking but it's still pretty much in the same category if you think about it.

What you need to do is, roll your pick gently and smoothly over the pins, feel the bumps as the tip rides over them and pay attention to the pins which are binding. When you feel one which is binding really noticably, rest the tip of the pick right on the middle of it and push really slowly until it clicks into place. If it gives a lot of resistance, instead of pushing like crazy with your pick you should decrease your tension instead since pushing too hard with the pick will lead to overset pins not to mention unnecessary stress on the pick aswell.

Conversely, if the pin it won't seem to set, increase by small increments until it does. Simply repeat this process for the rest of the pins, pay attention to what you're doing and soon enough the lock will open... it's easier said than done and you'll need to be very patient, but it's worth it. I spent a long time avoiding the proper technique and it's held me back a lot. You won't notice how badly you're doing things until you get some higher quality locks in your hand, then you'll just get annoyed and wish you had a better technique! That's what happened with me, so trust me the earlier you learn to control your tools the more control you'll have when it really counts.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:53 pm

Re: Velvokays lockpicking videos...

you have the begginer technique down, you are a little sloppy but you have a good start, it takes practice.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.

Return to Lock Picking Videos