FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

tumbl3r's videos

Forum rules
Rules!!!!
This section is for lockpicking videos uploaded to YouTube or MetaCafe only

You are more than welcome to post your videos here, but make sure they are all under your own threads - this way it saves space.

Make sure you put the YouTube or MetaCafe link between the tags. Failure to do so will result in your video not displaying correctly.

NOTICE - PLACE ALL YOUR VIDEOS UNDER YOUR OWN THREAD!

Do not scatter your videos all over the forum under various titles and topics, etc.

Start a thread with your name - EX: "Joe Bleauxx's Videos"

Add all your future videos under that same thread, thereafter.
<<

tumbl3r

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:16 pm

Re: tumbl3r's videos

Thanks man! I had a ball with this lock... It was almost like I just couldn't put it down. Very very kind of Potti314 to loan it to me.
<<

tumbl3r

Familiar Face

Post Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:24 pm

Here is a BiLock loaned to me from Joshua. Thought you guys might enjoy.

Link for the Flash impaired:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiKJqUuFM6k
<<

tumbl3r

Familiar Face

Post Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:08 am

Here's another one I think you guys might like... ASSA DP 2400:

No Flash Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcvEGFs1dis
<<

Patrick Star

Post Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:21 am

Ah - the version with reduced side pin count. Cute little mini-sidebar!
Interesting that it has security top pins though - my Twin Combi 1800 (same idea but for Combi) doesn't. All regular and no countermilling/threading.
<<

tumbl3r

Familiar Face

Post Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:29 am

Patrick Star wrote:Ah - the version with reduced side pin count. Cute little mini-sidebar!
Interesting that it has security top pins though - my Twin Combi 1800 (same idea but for Combi) doesn't. All regular and no countermilling/threading.

Yep... I've got the 4400 sitting on my desk laughing at me. Total of TEN sliders in that one! ASSA really took it to the next level with that one! Also, from what I can tell, the DP design solves the sidebar entropy problems. Very cool locks... cost me a fortune to get it!

I've never seen an ASSA lock that didn't come with security pins. I wonder if it's an internal door vs external door concept? Interesting stuff!
<<

Patrick Star

Post Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:56 pm

I have two 4400s as well (one without side pins since the locksmith screwed up the order).
Doesn't feel exponentially worse than other slider locks but I'm having great trouble manipulating the pins individually. Plus I'm used to picking slider locks visually and some of the "half pins" are really hidden by the recesses and pins in front.

And yeah, the 1800 and 2400's and their comrades are meant specifically for "inside" use. The 1800 doesn't have any drill protection in the cylinder either (and no SCD mark == Security Cylinder Drillprotected or whatever), though I think I see some hardened steel inserts in your video? It does have all stainless steel driver pins though.

Oddly enough, ASSAs newest series (Triton and Neptun) are based on the Twin Combi and not the DP. You'd think that the DP mechanism is superior in every way (reliability, longevity, key space, master keying, etc).
<<

tumbl3r

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:41 pm

Banham M2002
Thought you guys might enjoy this one! Quite a difficult pick. I plan to writeup my method over the coming days.

Link for those without Flash:
https://youtu.be/SxJWKZKht4w
Previous

Return to Lock Picking Videos