FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Korver15 videos

Forum rules
Rules!!!!
This section is for lockpicking videos uploaded to YouTube or MetaCafe only

You are more than welcome to post your videos here, but make sure they are all under your own threads - this way it saves space.

Make sure you put the YouTube or MetaCafe link between the tags. Failure to do so will result in your video not displaying correctly.

NOTICE - PLACE ALL YOUR VIDEOS UNDER YOUR OWN THREAD!

Do not scatter your videos all over the forum under various titles and topics, etc.

Start a thread with your name - EX: "Joe Bleauxx's Videos"

Add all your future videos under that same thread, thereafter.
<<

Korver15

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:10 pm

Korver15 videos

I have a youtube account. Check it out if you're bored. Its pretty neat since it has videos.
That's all I got thus far. I will keep you updated whether you like it or not :fu:

Locksportsouth, thank you so much for your gift it was really fun! :mrgreen:

A wise man once told me I was a unique person. Just like everyone else. Korver15 Channel
<<

Hugo Martel

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:22 pm

Re: Korver15 videos

Hey Im suscribed!!! pretty neat stuff there!!!!

Hugo Martel :circlip:
Random wrote: Here is my tip of the day "Do not fart while wearing overalls".
<<

LocksportSouth

Post Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:06 pm

No problem, you're welcome :). Good pickin'! I'd have not stood a chance, ahah.
No idea what's up with your missing pin though - I did notice that when I received it. Seems like the cylinder was designed like that rather than being a defect but not sure why they did that since it basically invalidated the main security feature of the Flexcore (outside of the security pins etc). Very odd. I'm thinking of ordering more of these so will let you know if they have no pin, too.
<<

HT4

Post Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:22 pm

Nice video. I subbed. FYI - My Flexcore has a bar in it. Check out my video #37. Not sure what's up with yours -- it doesn't even have the notch to accept the bar. Very strange. Friday afternoon lock?
Check out my "LockPickingLawyer" YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm9K6rby98W8JigLoZOh6FQ/videos
<<

Korver15

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:12 pm

HT4 wrote:Nice video. I subbed. FYI - My Flexcore has a bar in it. Check out my video #37. Not sure what's up with yours -- it doesn't even have the notch to accept the bar. Very strange. Friday afternoon lock?

Ya I watched that one. lol took a little bit figuring out what "friday afternoon lock" meant :mrgreen:

LocksportSouth wrote:No problem, you're welcome :). Good pickin'! I'd have not stood a chance, ahah.
No idea what's up with your missing pin though - I did notice that when I received it. Seems like the cylinder was designed like that rather than being a defect but not sure why they did that since it basically invalidated the main security feature of the Flexcore (outside of the security pins etc). Very odd. I'm thinking of ordering more of these so will let you know if they have no pin, too.

Maybe ask if they can have the pin put in? Call them out on being lazy lol
A wise man once told me I was a unique person. Just like everyone else. Korver15 Channel
<<

LocksportSouth

Post Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:43 pm

Korver15 wrote:Maybe ask if they can have the pin put in? Call them out on being lazy lol

I might pop them an email and ask. It's definitely really strange. Sadly I was unable to get a photo of the inside of the keyway as my camera/lighting isn't that good; if you could get me a photo of that I could include it. Just inside the keyway showing the "hole" at the bottom without the pin (I looked into it for a while with a torch so I can imagine how it looks, but no photo sadly).
<<

Korver15

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:33 am

here ya go ;)

<<

LocksportSouth

Post Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:37 am

Thanks :). I'll get an email sent off and report back here if I hear back from them :)
<<

LocksportSouth

Post Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:36 am

I've got an email almost ready to go, I just quickly popped onto Google to find an official reference about the in-key-pin (not really sure what the official name is), or a photo of the rod in the keyway. However I can't find any mention to the pin at all :S. Clearly -something- is supposed to go into that hole, but I can't find any photos or references to it (outside of that one BosnianBill video where he mentions that it exists, but does not show it.. Think it was called "Ruko's war on lockpickers" or something like that).

Could anyone who has one of these locks with the pin intact (such as HT4) please post a photo of the bar in the keyway? Preferably one of it disassembled as well so we can see how it fits in with that backplate. It'd be a great help and I can include it as evidence in my email :).

Thanks!
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:16 pm

Grabbed a ticket to the show :) Great pickin'!

Do I spot me a Mogul in the background?
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

LocksportSouth

Post Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:12 pm

LocksportSouth wrote:Could anyone who has one of these locks with the pin intact (such as HT4) please post a photo of the bar in the keyway? Preferably one of it disassembled as well so we can see how it fits in with that backplate. It'd be a great help and I can include it as evidence in my email :).

Thanks!

Just a quick bump in case the relevant people haven't seen this :)

If you have a Ruko / Assa Flexcore that has the key blocking pin intact, could you get me a photo? Maybe one inside the keyway and one of it disassembled
HT4 has mentioned that this is the case in his; there may be others who have one of these too.

Alternatively if you can find an image on Google or a product site, or an illustrated diagram from Assa or wherever showing this, that would be great too. Having a real hard time tracking this down but it seems odd that they would integrate a whole feature into a key and then not capitalise on it.

I have a draft email ready to go to the company :)

Thanks!
<<

Korver15

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:18 pm

Oldfast wrote:Grabbed a ticket to the show :) Great pickin'!

Do I spot me a Mogul in the background?

Potentially :P
<<

LocksportSouth

Post Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:24 am

Since I hadn't heard back from anyone yet with a pic of the rod I just sent the email off anyway :).
I'll update if and when I get a reply, hopefully we can get to the bottom of "rodgate" :D
<<

LocksportSouth

Post Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:29 am

Oh wow.

I just sent out an email at 17:18, which if not already closing time for the company I'm sure is 10-15 minutes to closing. It was a longish email, complete with pic and here's the reply I got at 17:22 - four minutes later. Say what you will about these guys, that's some customer service right there :D

Hello,

Thank you for your email.

When Flexcore Plus products are assembled, the longitudinal pin is not fitted. The Flexcore Plus key is backward compatible to Flexcore, and the new patents are on the key and core only, not the pin.

Kind regards

I... I think what they're saying is that to maintain the patent, they removed the pin O_o. So, a Flexcore Plus cylinder has an extended patent but no longitudinal pin, and the keys also work in the original Flexcore, which does have the pin but the patent has expired (or is close to expiring). That's the impression that I have, anyway.

Edit: I just sent them an email asking whether they're able to obtain and sell the original Flexcore-with-pin cores. Will update here when I get a reply, probably sometime before I finish typing this :D

Edit2: Yep, another super fast reply.

Hello,

For further information, please see attached current Assa data sheet regarding the Flexcore Plus range of cylinders, which do not include the longitudinal pin. I have also attached the original details regarding the Flexcore showing the pin. This was only available on the older Flexcore range, and not Flexcore Plus. The only way this is now available, is if you need to maintain existing key numbers or existing systems. New products are only available as Flexcore Plus.

If you have any further enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards

Unfortunately the old style flexcore PDF document was corrupted and would not open on either of the two computers that I tried to open it on. However the new style core PDF works and I've attached it here:
2-28-ASSA Flexcore Plus.pdf

Edit 3:

Just got up this morning and they replied with a working copy of the specs sheet for the old Flexcore cylinder. As they mentioned, it shows the pin whereas the new one does not. Glad to clear up this mystery finally and hopefully that's something at least, even if the Flexcore plus doesn't have the near pin :(

2-28 ASSA flexcore.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Korver15

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:05 pm

I think what they're saying is that to maintain the patent, they removed the pin O_o.

Thats the conclusion That I came up with as well. Oh well lol. The amazingly stupid things companies do to maintain a patent -_-
Next

Return to Lock Picking Videos