FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Mythbuster - MacGyver Special (only the picking part)

Forum rules
Rules!!!!
This section is for lockpicking videos uploaded to YouTube or MetaCafe only

You are more than welcome to post your videos here, but make sure they are all under your own threads - this way it saves space.

Make sure you put the YouTube or MetaCafe link between the tags. Failure to do so will result in your video not displaying correctly.

NOTICE - PLACE ALL YOUR VIDEOS UNDER YOUR OWN THREAD!

Do not scatter your videos all over the forum under various titles and topics, etc.

Start a thread with your name - EX: "Joe Bleauxx's Videos"

Add all your future videos under that same thread, thereafter.
<<

crazy

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:43 pm

Mythbuster - MacGyver Special (only the picking part)

Here is the complete scene of picking with excellent quality upload for my. What is the lock that appears in video?

<<

USApicker

Familiar Face

Post Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:57 pm

Re: Mythbuster - MacGyver Special (only the picking part)

looks like a kwikset key in knob.

has nyone taped that episode "killer lock pick" ?
I'm looking for that one.....
<<

aarpazthelockpicker

Familiar Face

Post Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:28 pm

i have seen the killer lock pick episode but do not have it on tape.
oh and i just downloaded that MacGyver episode last night 1 last thing in the killer lock pick episode, the lock pick it is a slim jim for a car.
<<

m0ose

Post Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:49 pm

aarpazthelockpicker wrote:i have seen the killer lock pick episode but do not have it on tape.
oh and i just downloaded that MacGyver episode last night 1 last thing in the killer lock pick episode, the lock pick it is a slim jim for a car.

If I understood you right, though I've never seen the episode, that tool would be referred to as a Shovit tool (http://www.southord.com/Lock-Picking-To ... SJ-50.html). It's like a Slim Jim but instead of lifting the locking mechanism in the car door up, it pushes the locking mechanism over on the door. The same effect is used by some painters with a tool they have. I remember a friend of mine telling me how they got locked out of a room by mistake and they have a tool that just pops the locks right open. If I remember right, it's one of these:

http://www.painterstoolbox.com/catalog. ... &linkid=41

Not 100% sure, but I think that's what it looked like.
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:51 pm

that was kinda cool. nice improvisation...
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

GutterClown

Post Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:30 pm

m0ose wrote:
aarpazthelockpicker wrote:i have seen the killer lock pick episode but do not have it on tape.

If I understood you right, though I've never seen the episode, that tool would be referred to as a Shovit tool (http://www.southord.com/Lock-Picking-To ... SJ-50.html). It's like a Slim Jim but instead of lifting the locking mechanism in the car door up, it pushes the locking mechanism over on the door. The same effect is used by some painters with a tool they have. I remember a friend of mine telling me how they got locked out of a room by mistake and they have a tool that just pops the locks right open. If I remember right, it's one of these:

The Shovit works on domestic locks, not cars. the Killer-Lock-Pick episode is based on the myth that if you triggered an airbag inside a door it could kill you.

The shovit tool works on retracting the tongue of nightlatchs and INCORRECTLY installed knobsets. If the deadlatch on the entrance set is engaged on the strike properly, this tool won't work.

There are many similar slim-jim tools that look like a shovit, but they grab the internal locking rods and\or intereact with lazy-cam style lock cylinders, to operate the latching mechanism itself without the lock cylinder turning.

Mythbusters Season 5, Episode 10 "Western Myths"
<<

m0ose

Post Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:23 pm

GutterClown wrote:
m0ose wrote:

The Shovit works on domestic locks, not cars. the Killer-Lock-Pick episode is based on the myth that if you triggered an airbag inside a door it could kill you.

The shovit tool works on retracting the tongue of nightlatchs and INCORRECTLY installed knobsets. If the deadlatch on the entrance set is engaged on the strike properly, this tool won't work.

There are many similar slim-jim tools that look like a shovit, but they grab the internal locking rods and\or intereact with lazy-cam style lock cylinders, to operate the latching mechanism itself without the lock cylinder turning.

Mythbusters Season 5, Episode 10 "Western Myths"

Ah, I see. I hadn't seen the episode he was talking about, and from the first time reading his post, I thought he had said "Like a slim jim." So I figured, which I need to stop doing, he was talking about a tool like a slim jim, and in the contents of this post, it was like this same episode, on a door. Just my mistake in reading and figuring.

Return to Lock Picking Videos