FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Shearlock's YouTube Channel...

Forum rules
Rules!!!!
This section is for lockpicking videos uploaded to YouTube or MetaCafe only

You are more than welcome to post your videos here, but make sure they are all under your own threads - this way it saves space.

Make sure you put the YouTube or MetaCafe link between the tags. Failure to do so will result in your video not displaying correctly.

NOTICE - PLACE ALL YOUR VIDEOS UNDER YOUR OWN THREAD!

Do not scatter your videos all over the forum under various titles and topics, etc.

Start a thread with your name - EX: "Joe Bleauxx's Videos"

Add all your future videos under that same thread, thereafter.
<<

Shearlock

Familiar Face

Post Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:03 am

Shearlock's YouTube Channel...

I finally uploaded my first video, at long last. I'll post all my new videos in this thread like everyone else.

I agonized for a couple weeks over which lock to pick first, I went round and round, and this resulted in procrastination and NOT getting around to uploading anything, day after day. So today I finally decided to break this cycle and do something different altogether. I decided to not pick a lock at all for my first video, instead I share with everyone something different. This is the system I developed for mentally decoding and memorizing the American Lock date codes instantly. Without cheat sheets or such devices. As a Mentalist, I perform memory demonstrations often, so I couldn't stand using a cheat sheet for these codes. However when I decided to memorize them, I opted to not use a pre-existing system, but to rather come up with one specific to these codes. That way everyone in the locksport community could use it. Without needing prior knowledge of some elaborate bloated memory technique.

So here it is, this video is LONGER than any of my following picking videos will be, but it's worth it. The system IS quick and easy to learn, but it took a while to explain everything. If you hang in there and watch the whole video, you will never need to look at a cheat sheet for American Locks, again. Please forgive my stammering and rambling, even though I speak in front of huge crowds regularly, I found myself actually nervous filming this! Being my first locksport video and not used to filming things so close-up and personal, I actually developed a bit of YouTube stage fright! Oh well, shit happens. Enjoy!

xeo: One day you're gonna come home and find your wife laying in bed naked with a medeco biaxial locking her chastity belt...
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:34 am

Re: Shearlock's YouTube Channel...

Hey Mate, congrads on video No 1. Yes a 30m video is very long but its not a picking video so its expected to be long. You did put a lot of thought into it and it shows.
<<

Shearlock

Familiar Face

Post Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:40 pm

Thanks Papa! I've gotten a few emails from people I deeply respect who immediately started using the system so I'm pretty psyched. Up next, PICKING!

Aaaaand a very overdue email your way. Ill be glad when I'm not so completely swamped.

Thanks again. I was just thinking that my first video has had a great response yet no one on KP said a word. Then you appeared, so thank you. Hopefully my picking videos go over better here. If not, oh well. I tried.

Off now to work on tonight's performance.
xeo: One day you're gonna come home and find your wife laying in bed naked with a medeco biaxial locking her chastity belt...
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:02 pm

You gotta give it time for KP. Most of the members check in during the day and when they see a vid for 30m, they dont have the time at the moment but come evening time you will see. Also keep in mind its Friday so lots of people are going out for the weekend and may not check KP.
<<

Shearlock

Familiar Face

Post Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:15 pm

Oh indeed! I was mostly kidding. My dry deadpan humor doesn't always translate well. Lol
<<

HT4

Post Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:11 pm

Great video to start things off. It will be useful to me!
Check out my "LockPickingLawyer" YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm9K6rby98W8JigLoZOh6FQ/videos
<<

Shearlock

Familiar Face

Post Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:26 pm

Thank you! I promise if you sit through it you'll never have to look them up again. In return you have to sacrifice nearly 30 minutes of your life to my ramblings, lol.
<<

LockButcher

Familiar Face

Post Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:43 pm

Am I just blind or is there no link here? Hahaha. I found it with some digging:D. I can't wait to watch it I looooove those types of videos! I memorized the first 20 elements of the periodic table from a YouTube series!
<<

Shearlock

Familiar Face

Post Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:26 pm

Do let me know what you think!

Uploading my first actual picking video now.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:14 pm

Brilliantly simplistic and useful Shearlock!! I have a horrible memory... so I love this.

I've grabbed a ticket to your show and looking forward to some picking vids :)

p.s. I don't see the video or a link to it in your initial post either.
Just in case it's not just me... https://youtu.be/HyOdtLsatkA
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

Shearlock

Familiar Face

Post Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:22 pm

Thanks so much! Loved your article on American Lock!

Oh and that video was totally there yesterday, ill fix that.
<<

Shearlock

Familiar Face

Post Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:28 pm

Ok the code is correct and the video is there when I visit from my laptop, but not from mobile. Ideas??

Also uploading first picking video now! I warn you I crack jokes while picking and even do a Texas Jim impression! Lol. Whom I love. Calm and quiet isn't my style, I accept that.
<<

Shearlock

Familiar Face

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:14 pm

Here it is, my first actual Lockpicking video! In my first video as you know I didn't actually pick a lock. Also, be advised I talk alot, make jokes and do a Texas Jim impression. ;) Anyways, here it is...

Subscribe, like and comment if you can. Thanks guys!

Some people were having issues seeing the videos on mobile, so here's a link just in case you can't see the above video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjSGu5ph8aw
<<

Shearlock

Familiar Face

Post Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:26 pm

Wow.
<<

spuds

Familiar Face

Post Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:50 pm

Nice video Shearlock Thanks
Even Duct tape can't fix stupid But it can muffle the sound ! ;-)
Jim
Next

Return to Lock Picking Videos