Post Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:12 pm

Re: The Ninja Bobby!

YES! Finally someone who gets it beyond the "M0ose, your fucked up."

Honestly, you just made my night. I know if I have made one person laugh then I have done my job. And honestly, that's what I do it for. Even though you would love to believe I do it for the little talking pinecone on my shoulder, I really just do it for the luls.

I just can't wait until I put my new Flip Ultra camcorder to so much use it explodes. :P Finally I won't have to rely on my brother or shitty 4 year old cameras, it will be me, when I want to, how I want to, and by golly I plan on having some fucking fun!

Cool, I do have a question. I had one person say they enjoyed my videos for the fact that I came off as "just another dude." Does that same feeling/idea ring true for you too? Just wondering.

Juts like with any other comedic genius its the "real" comedy that is the best. The comedy that is spontaneous and not stand up style. Its the comedy that is original and real. You can look at lots of comedians who have succeeded in this niche style of comedy, Tom Green, David Chapelle, Will Farrell. They do not need a punchline, they use everyday situations and funny events that people can relate to. Seth Green knows the formula you can see it in every episode of family guy, robot chicken, Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

I would call it the new style of comedy because it is what people want to see compared to the old boring mind numbing punchline jokes that you get from Friends, etc. No one would even laugh 1/2 of the time if it wasn't for the dumb fake audience laughs they put in at every stupid joke.

Not everyone will get it or even find it amusing, as you can see so many of these great comedians failed in the traditional stand-up, punchline style of comedy. It wasn't until later in their careers that they really found success in doing what they were good at. The feeling it has for me is that it feels like a when your are joking with friends. Its not scripted punchline it is natural flowing funny stuff that people can see the humor in. Its the comedy you experience socially when drinking or hanging out with people and I believe that is why it has a deeper more real impact on getting a real deep laugh.

There was this kid that did you tube videos years ago and he actually got picked up for his own MTV show. He had some really funny skits, but he still wasn't ready to do a full season as you can see in the episodes he simply just ran out of material. IMHO his you tube videos were his highlights.