FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

mobile friendly

<<

kmh

Familiar Face

Post Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:08 am

mobile friendly

I would like to see the forums add something like tapatalk for those of us on mobile devices. I tend to browse the forums on my lunch break and such and it is a pain to write post and etc from my phone. For whatever reason the text box doesnt play nice with it. In fact it has taken me 10 mins to get this written out.

Tapatalk has a free version which is why I suggested it.
<<

dbart

Post Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:40 am

Re: mobile friendly

kmh wrote:I would like to see the forums add something like tapatalk for those of us on mobile devices. I tend to browse the forums on my lunch break and such and it is a pain to write post and etc from my phone. For whatever reason the text box doesnt play nice with it. In fact it has taken me 10 mins to get this written out.

Tapatalk has a free version which is why I suggested it.

I second the motion! :drool:
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:34 am

Then you need someone to re-write the website to work with tapatalk. Someone already familiar with how the website works and with however tapatalk works.

A lot of cost and time involved, to say nothing of the hassle management would need to go through.

Am currently using a cell phone. Could it be easier? Perhaps. Still, I'd recommend leaving it as is.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

dbart

Post Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:08 am

GWiens2001 wrote:Then you need someone to re-write the website to work with tapatalk. Someone already familiar with how the website works and with however tapatalk works.

A lot of cost and time involved, to say nothing of the hassle management would need to go through.

Am currently using a cell phone. Could it be easier? Perhaps. Still, I'd recommend leaving it as is.

Gordon

From what I can see, this forum is supported by Tapatalk. All that has to be done is for the administrator to download and install the free Tapatalk plugin and install it! :smile:
<<

kmh

Familiar Face

Post Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:54 pm

GWiens2001 wrote:Then you need someone to re-write the website to work with tapatalk. Someone already familiar with how the website works and with however tapatalk works.

Gordon

As I do freelance web design I thought about that upfront and did a little looking into it. Much like dbart pointed out, these forums are fully supported. You basically download their app and upload it to the server and then submit basic information to them about the forums and that's it (from the little I looked into it).

According to them it only takes 15 minutes.

http://tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php
<<

Josephus

Post Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:17 pm

I. INFORMATION COLLECTED
We collect non-personally identifiable information about you in a number of ways, including tracking your activities through your IP address and your mobile device ID. We do not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you voluntarily submit such information to us, by, for example, filling out a survey or registration form. The types of information that may be requested include your name, and your e-mail address
II. USE OF INFORMATION
In general, we will only use the information you provide to us for the purpose for which such information was provided. We may also use this information to deliver to you information about our company and promotional material from some of our partners, trend analysis, pattern detection, and site administration. Your information may also be used to contact you when necessary. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings from Company and other entities by following the instructions set forth in the opt-out section below.
Non-personal demographic and profile data is used to tailor your experience at our site and our mobile application, showing you content we think you might be interested in. This information may also be shared with advertisers on an aggregate non-personal basis.
III. USE OF IP ADDRESSES
We use your IP Address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Web site and Mobile Application.
IV. USE OF COOKIES
When you view our Web site we might store some information on your computer. This information will be in the form of a "cookie" or similar file. Cookies are small pieces of information stored on your hard drive, not on our site. Cookies do not spy on you or otherwise invade your privacy, and they cannot invade your hard drive and steal information. Rather, they help you navigate a Web site as easily as possible. We use cookies to deliver content specific to your interests and to prevent you from reentering all your registration data at each connection.
We may use an outside advertisement server company to display ads on our site and/or mobile application. These ads may contain cookies. The advertisement server company may collect cookies received with outside banner ads. We do not have access to information that would confirm the use of cookies by the advertisement server company.
V. SECURITY
Our site has industry standard security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. While there is no such thing as "perfect security" on the Internet, we will take all reasonable steps to insure the safety of your personal information.
VI. OTHER WEB SITES; LINKS
Our Web site contains links to other Web sites. Our Mobile Application may also contains links to other mobile application and Web sites. Tapatalk, Inc. is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites and Mobile application.
VII. CORRECT; UPDATE
Tapatalk, Inc. allows its users the option to change or modify information previously provided. This may be done through the following methods:
(1) e-mail the information to admin@tapatalk.com
(2) visit the Community Support section of the site and follow the appropriate instructions.
Unfortunately, to the extent that such information is also stored in other databases, we cannot always ensure that such corrections or deletions will reach the other databases. We will use all reasonable efforts to ensure that your information is removed from or corrected in our records.
VIII. CHOICE; OPT OUT
You may opt-out of receiving communications from our partners, and from us, by the following means:
(1) Click “unsubscribe” link in the communication emails you have received from us.
IX. PUBLIC FORUMS
This site makes chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.

Mmm. Smell that? Weasel words and non-specifics. I'd rather not have it be any easier than it already is to amass information on the keypicking community and its members.

Return to What Would You Like To See?