FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

A Few Thoughts on Lockpicking Forums

<<

Don

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:14 pm

Re: A Few Thoughts on Lockpicking Forums

verz wrote:....
Maybe you are special or a member of other groups and get $55 but looks like $75 for me?

Must be ... your description and count are completly different from what I see..

Bottom of the page linked above:

Cost of ClearStar Membership:

The annual fee for Membership to ClearStar is $55 (U.S. funds Only)
For ALOA and SAVTA Members the discounted membership fee is $40.
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:15 pm

Perhaps Clearstar needs to doublecheck their website. I found both the $75 and $55 membership fees listed, depending on which page of their website you looked.
clearstar membership.JPG

I saw three advertisements on their main page.
There were also a number of animated gifs but they pointed to other parts of the Clearstar website.
I guess their webpage designer just likes animated gifs.

If you're a member, perhaps you could send them a politely worded email about how the flashing gifs affect your eyesight.
If you're not a member and don't plan on becoming one, I fail to see how any of this is a problem.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:22 pm

I count at least 5 animated GIFs also. The page also refreshes itself every 20 seconds:

Code:
<META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="20">

and every refresh changes the central advertising banner. The auto-refresh also disrupts viewing by creating a "flicker" (and scroll if you are at the bottom of the page). It is indeed a gaudy website with a misguided aesthetic panache that is normally confined to disreputable online vendors of ED treatments and stolen credit card records.
Previous

Return to What Would You Like To See?