FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

List of non transponder key autos

<<

MasterBlaster

Post Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:53 pm

List of non transponder key autos

A list of cars that do not use transponder keys so keys can be made with a normal key code cutter.

List of picking and reading tools just for non transponder cars.

I do not have a sidewinder or transponder programing equipment and do not plan on getting into that for now but would like to be able to make keys for all other basic key cars and read the locks to make the keys using a code cutter.
<<

Kezo

Familiar Face

Post Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:18 pm

Re: List of non transponder key autos

This reference material should list the majority of the cars that comes with or without transponders. With some cars it can be tricky to know for sure, cos some, even though it is the same model might or might not be transponder equipped unless you actually inspect the vehicle in person.

http://www.kaba-ilco.com/key_systems/key_download.aspx?File=auto_truck_ref_2011.pdf&Attachment=True

This one is for the older cars so there should be no issues with transponders

http://www.kaba-ilco.com/key_systems/key_download.aspx?File=classic_auto_truck_key_blank_1940_1980.pdf&Attachment=True

Do you have access to professional locksmith suppliers like HL Flake or Lockmasters? Cos depending on that, some tools might be harder to get.
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:34 pm

Re: List of non transponder key autos

The Ilco guide that is listed above is going to be your first greatest resource for knowing what keyway you are dealing with. I carry it in the van with me and have it on my computer at home so that when I have a customer call I can quote accurate prices. I don't know how familiar you are with keyways or automotive locksmithing but I would suggest Lishi 2-n-1 tools for Ford, Chrysler, Nissan, Hyundai, Toyota, Mazda and Mitsubishi. Some of those are crossovers like Nissan works for a few Subarus, and of course Ford is a group tool so it works on various Lincoln and Mercury as well. My suggestion for purchasing those tools is lockpicks.com and use the coupon code H72PT for a 10% discount.

Since you are in Branson, you can use the Chrysler Lishi tool for Freightliners, I have a video posted here about the technique for that. Do you know how to do GM 10 cut ignitions? If not let me know and I can try to help with that.

Mike Hydes "Auto Smart" is golden. You can learn a million things from those books.

Learn what cars you can remove trunk locks from to make keys for the cars as well. Nissan and Hyundai are good for that. Good luck to you. This place has been an invaluable resource as well as Youtube.

Return to What Would You Like To See?