FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Attachment images that don't expire

<<

ChemicalRobot

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:00 am

Attachment images that don't expire

This is seriously the number one deterring nature of this website. I really enjoy this site a lot, but as someone new to lockpicking, it gets tiresome to go to a a tutorial (even ones that are stickied) and find that the images are no longer available.

So, what I would like to see are... the images. ;)
Howdy!
<<

bouncer965

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:04 am

Re: Attachment images that don't expire

ChemicalRobot wrote:This is seriously the number one deterring nature of this website. I really enjoy this site a lot, but as someone new to lockpicking, it gets tiresome to go to a a tutorial (even ones that are stickied) and find that the images are no longer available.

So, what I would like to see are... the images. ;)

That was down to an error that happenned a while back and unfortunately some images were lost. Some of the guys are reposting the images that can be reposted so if there is anything that you are looking for speciffically you could possibly ask the poster if the images could be re-posted. Its a very friendly and well maintained site and all the guys are only too willing to help out.......trust me i must be the biggest pain in the ass for question asking lol

And welcome to keypicking.
[“A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.”.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bouncer965
<<

ChemicalRobot

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:17 am

Right on. Next time I come across I'll be sure to ask. I had figured they were expiring because I've seen that happen a lot on other forums.

Glad to see you're all on top of it here!
Howdy!
<<

bouncer965

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:33 am

ChemicalRobot wrote:Right on. Next time I come across I'll be sure to ask. I had figured they were expiring because I've seen that happen a lot on other forums.

Glad to see you're all on top of it here!

No there is no expiration on any pics on here. A lot of people lost a lot of pictures when it happenned but the problem is sorted now. The only ones that may expire are ones that may come from the Photobucket site. But if directly loaded onto the thread then they are there permenantly.
[“A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.”.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bouncer965
<<

s1deshowmick

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:30 am

Good on ya bouncer965,
I know it's a bit of a bummer for the pickers who want to see it all, but stuff happens.

Your on to it buddy.

Mick
If you can't be good, Be good at it.

http://au.youtube.com/S1DESHOWMICK
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:17 am

yeah, if someone used an img link to a hosting service, there's not anything we can do about it expiring or not. However as bouncer mentioned, a while back there was a fairly catastrophic event that caused the loss of a large amount of actual attachments. However, going forward that should not be an issue. Also, people seem to be reuploading images on a catch as catch can kind of basis. so at least some will be back.
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

abroxis

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:43 am

This is a problem that bugged the $%^## out of me.

I suggest that more of us should " alt file save as " when ever we see posts that we like or that have images attached.

I know that lockpickology.com was completely saved before it went down and do not understand why keypicking can not be backed up.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:01 pm

From now on, Keypicking is being saved, it was from before that stuff was lost, Elbowmacaroni is working with Hallis to make sure that nothing is lost, I am very confident that this site won't experience any problems now. This site is the best out of the public forums, don't let this image thing deter you from coming in here!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

ChemicalRobot

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:32 pm

Excellent! Sorry to hear you guys had problems with them in the past - that sucks! Oh and don't worry kidd, it certainly hasn't deterred me now that I know what happened. :)
Howdy!
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:03 pm

abroxis wrote:This is a problem that bugged the $%^## out of me.

I suggest that more of us should " alt file save as " when ever we see posts that we like or that have images attached.

I know that lockpickology.com was completely saved before it went down and do not understand why keypicking can not be backed up.

Well, that happened on someone else's watch. There are backups now.
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian

Return to What Would You Like To See?