FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Tunap MP101; MP102 and Tunpro40

<<

dicey

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:39 pm

Tunap MP101; MP102 and Tunpro40

Hello everyone,

I have recently done a video on Tunap products but this time a bit more in detail. I have worked and grown with their products since the last 1-2 years, discovering new solutions of them frequently. It all started with their synthetic oil and their biological rust loosener, following their synthetic grease and their cleaner. Now, while trying to obtain samples for Patrick Smith of Commando lock, I have discovered a new product: Tunepro40
This oil seems to be even better for new type of locks then the products I have already used. Sadly the sample for Patrick arrived just a bit too late. On the other hand this gave me the opportunity to test it myself. I arranged two samples of the synthetic oil and grease for Patrick just in time but my source did not have the Tunepro40 at hand which was still on its way. I hope that I can get it him a sample of the Tunepro40 one day. The other two samples are on its way to the States.

So here is what I think:

• The Synthetic grease MP101 is perfect for ball bearings and big moving parts probably also for safe locking mechanisms
• The Synthetic oil MP102 is perfect for lever locks or older padlocks because if its grease like behaviour and its ability to flow back in place after being rearranged by moving parts (works also very good on hinges)
• The Tunpro40 seems to be the perfect solution for newer locks and pin tumblers. It spreads widely and covers every area leaving a thin, Teflon like film behind but without attracting dust.

The Tunpro40 surprised me in a very positive way and its ability to work in the even the harshest environments is sheer impressive. It works from -78° Celsius up to +260° Celsius.

Therefore my recommendation for Commando Lock would be:

• Using the MP101 synthetic grease on the ball bearings and the actuator
• Using the Tunepro40 on the lock cylinder

So what is your opinion?
<<

COMMANDOLOCKUSA

Post Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:12 pm

Re: Tunap MP101; MP102 and Tunpro40

Thank you for answering my questions. I like your videos Adrian--they're always informative and well filmed. I'm excited to try the Tunpro40 but at the same time, I'm already disappointed since they don't yet ship to USA! This experiment was particularly helpful because you cleared my question regarding the possibility of mixing two types of lubricant with undesirable results. Of course, we like to see grease around the bearings and actuator but in time as one tends to maintain their lock, I know that some lubricants will dissipate the grease when mixed.

As we discussed, I sprayed WD-40 next to Sprayon LU708A. Sprayon markets their lube as a high performance dry lubricant. I noticed that the WD-40 spread all over my test area despite the small amount sprayed and even migrated into the Sprayon area. The Sprayon left a white film when fully evaporated while the WD-40 remained. A couple weeks later the WD-40 is still wet but we know that in time it will coagulate but not become tacky. Nevertheless, it could attract some dust.
<<

dicey

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:41 pm

Hey Patrick,

I am glad you like my videos mate! I have asked Tunap if they would ship international and I know that they do that with bigger companies and big orders. I have not received an answer yet. I heard that Lock Saver would also leave a white residue. I have never seen that before and really look forward to test their product. I will hopefully receive their sample soon. I have also saved the webpage of that Sprayon you mentioned. Their product looks very interesting and I will try to get a sample of it.

Adrian
<<

dicey

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:59 pm

I just checked the specs on Sprayon. Looks very good to me Patrick!

Return to Product Reviews