FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

InstaMorph - Moldable Plastic

<<

Arctor

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:17 pm

InstaMorph - Moldable Plastic

I just received my container today so I have not had much time with it, but from what I have been able to see so far this stuff can be used for any number of applications easily. So far I have created one plug follower for a Sargent cylinder and a mold for holding another lock while picking it. I had plans for creating handles for plain metal picks but it does not stick to metal at all and warming it up in water makes it extremely hard to manipulate, it may be possible to do so with a heat gun though since it wont have any of the moisture that makes it slide off the metal handles.

When you first heat it up and its completely clear it will stick to stuff like plastic almost like super glue. I made the mistake of trying to flatten it with a plastic card and it fused to it instantly. Its best to wait until it hardens some unless you want it to stick. The consistency of it when soft seems to be almost like taffy.

This stuff could be used for hiding a spare key, you could mold one into the middle of a chunk and shape it to be a door stop or some other innocuous item. If you lose your key you can then take that to a neighbors house and heat it up and remove the key. Not that anyone here would need to do that but... friend, family member, customer :D

If anyone decides to give it a go, post your ideas/creations. Here are some pictures of the two items I have created so far.

I need to file the front flat and a groove into it as well.

http://www.instamorph.com/
<<

dll932

Familiar Face

Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:55 pm

Re: InstaMorph - Moldable Plastic

Interesting. http://www.sugru.com is cool stuff, too. Ever hear of Wood's Metal? Melts in boiling water, don't know where you get it.

Return to Product Reviews