FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

new peterson pick profiles

<<

gibson

Familiar Face

Post Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:36 am

new peterson pick profiles

has anyone seen the peterson picks that are available on the multi-pick service website? there are a couple of hooks and rake/lifters there that are not on the peterson website. any info on these?
<<

mech

Familiar Face

Post Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:51 am

Re: new peterson pick profiles

Wow that site is a rip off on prices!!! Ouch
http://www.youtube.com/duction
www.Lockpick.co
<<

Kezo

Familiar Face

Post Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:51 am

I think all the new Government Steel picks with the plastic handles have that profile.
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:23 am

gibson wrote:has anyone seen the peterson picks that are available on the multi-pick service website? there are a couple of hooks and rake/lifters there that are not on the peterson website. any info on these?

I don't think Peterson's has any new pick profiles. The only recent change that I am aware of is that the profiles/thicknessnes that were once only(?) available as dipped handle picks (those that Xeo has made famous :smile: ) are now available in moulded plastic handle form. AFAIK the Peterson's site contains the complete catalogue. I'd only buy something from multi-pick if it was unavailable elsewhere, they are quite expensive even by continental European standards. Most of their catalogue is available from various UK, North American and East Asian vendors at substantially reduced prices so there is very little reason to shop there.
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:12 am

Peterson has a few new pick profiles but he hasn't started mass production on them or added them to his own website yet. He said he would be willing to make up some of the new pick designs for me, but at this point he's only making small runs for vendors who are willing to buy each individual profile, one "sheet" at a time. I don't recall how many picks it was per sheet, but it was more than I was willing to spend without at least seeing pictures of the designs, which he didn't have yet at the time I spoke to him.

It looks like the new rakes are similar to the three that come in the Falle pickset, plus a few new hook profiles. It's good to see the pictures, thanks for the heads up that they're on the multipick website. I might have to revisit ordering a batch of these.
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:44 pm

I'm glad to be wrong in this case. :smile:
<<

ahab

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:59 pm

incase anyone was wondering, heres the link...
http://www.multipick-service.com/htdocs ... lpicks.php
<<

Arctor

Familiar Face

Post Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:25 pm

those are the profiles that I received in the plastic handle set I purchased like four months ago
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:21 am

compair
http://www.multipick-service.com/htdocs ... #gove_spec
to
http://locksmitharmy.yolasite.com/peterson.php
to find the new designs...

only the specialty picks are new
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:27 pm

Love..... the key ring on your home page a ray of sunshine.
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:00 am

MBI wrote:Peterson has a few new pick profiles but he hasn't started mass production on them or added them to his own website yet. He said he would be willing to make up some of the new pick designs for me, but at this point he's only making small runs for vendors who are willing to buy each individual profile, one "sheet" at a time. I don't recall how many picks it was per sheet, but it was more than I was willing to spend without at least seeing pictures of the designs, which he didn't have yet at the time I spoke to him.

It looks like the new rakes are similar to the three that come in the Falle pickset, plus a few new hook profiles. It's good to see the pictures, thanks for the heads up that they're on the multipick website. I might have to revisit ordering a batch of these.

If it will be cheaper than multi-pick I am happy to contribute money to getting a batch made-up. Let me know.
<<

gibson

Familiar Face

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:38 am

it turns out that those picks are available at peterson. according to a rep there they are referred to as 'euros' because of the low shank profile. they are available in government steel with plastic handles, at about $9.00 a pop. right now they are only available via phone order. also, they will be made in the near future from carbon steel as well. i hope that works out cheaper for you, piotr, than ordering them from europe. the new hooks are h2, h3, h4, and h5. the rake/lifters are m1, m2, and m3. their website will be updated in 60-90 days with the new picks.
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:10 pm

gibson wrote:it turns out that those picks are available at peterson. according to a rep there they are referred to as 'euros' because of the low shank profile. they are available in government steel with plastic handles, at about $9.00 a pop. right now they are only available via phone order. also, they will be made in the near future from carbon steel as well. i hope that works out cheaper for you, piotr, than ordering them from europe. the new hooks are h2, h3, h4, and h5. the rake/lifters are m1, m2, and m3. their website will be updated in 60-90 days with the new picks.

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. I've slapped myself for being presumptuous :smile:

US$9.00 is cheaper than €9 because the Australian dollar is at about US$1.05 versus €0.85 at the moment. I think I'll wait until Peterson's updates their website.

(The only quid pro quo info I have to share if you are after new picks is that the TOOOL set has been re-manufactured and is on sale at http://toool.us/equipment.html "Fabulous Five Pick Kit". I bought a set. They are very thin and feel weak compared to Peterson's. At US$10 per piece I'd say go with Peterson's unless you are an obsessive collector.)
<<

gibson

Familiar Face

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:34 pm

piotr - thanks for pointing out that TOOOl pickset. those are some pretty interesting looking picks - kind of a mix of falle, bogotas, and traditional. definitely worth checking out. i especially like the part about being 'an advanced compliment to a basic pickset'. if that doesn't sound like a justification enough to buy it! (who said obsessive?)

Return to Product Reviews