FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Klom 11 Piece Pickset

<<

Snor

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:36 pm

Klom 11 Piece Pickset

I made my own little review on the 11 piece set, note the bad english!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mHt8ibUmfU[/youtube]

Moved By Lockylew to 11 Piece Review
Last edited by Snor on Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Houndour wrote:Snor, the Keypicking resident Lubricant Expert in making. For all your lube needs!!! LOL!
m0ose wrote:And last, but not least, we have Snor. He's pretty pimp and a good guy to chat with.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SSnor
<<

Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:36 pm

Re: Klom 9 Piece Pickset

Nice review snor, it didnt belong in the 22 piece review so i put it here instead.

good work.

Lew
<<

Snor

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:44 pm

Re: Klom 11 Piece Pickset

Thanks lew, sorry about that. It's kind of late. Goodnight

EDIT: Heh, I just realized that I am wearing the same outfit in my vid as in my avatar. :lol:
Houndour wrote:Snor, the Keypicking resident Lubricant Expert in making. For all your lube needs!!! LOL!
m0ose wrote:And last, but not least, we have Snor. He's pretty pimp and a good guy to chat with.
<<

crazy

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:37 am

Good review Snor
<<

cool-arrow

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:32 am

Nice review

Here is a little review on the tools done by NDE magazine a while back.

http://www.ndemag.com/issues/nde1.pdf
<<

Snor

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:03 am

cool-arrow wrote:Nice review

Here is a little review on the tools done by NDE magazine a while back.

http://www.ndemag.com/issues/nde1.pdf

Thanks cool-arrow, that was a really nice little review!
<<

m0ose

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:28 am

Great link from the Cool-Arrow. :D
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:54 pm

usmcboltaction wrote:I am not good at doing this review stuff, but I have to put my $.02 in. I really didn't think I would like these picks much when I first saw them, but that is slowly changing. I really am starting to dig the handles. It seems to me that the flat surfaces really help me with control on some of my more delicate work. This may come from my big scared up hands not workin well with stuff that small, but I wanted to push this point incase anyone else has the control problems. Plus, they have a kinda high-tech, space age, green and black look. ;)

i feel ya there with the big handles...i thought they would be cumbersome,klunky,and a general pain in the ass,but turned out quite the opposite...excellent control,good grip (especially when picking under pressure and you get sweaty hands..)
also , when attacking pins from the side.
unfortunately, my klom no. 11 short hook saw so much use in the first couple months,it snapped due to metal fatigue, but this was under CONSTANT use...considering that,it held up much longer than any similar priced pick out there would have...IMO,the sets would be better if they came with TWO no.11's and get rid of one of the lesser used picks...(but thats just me, I live to SPP.)
another plus to the grips is the fact that the plastic is dual-density.
the green is soft rubber,and the black is harder,more solid plastic,so you get a great soft grip for long picking times,but don't lose any feedback at all.
the little dimple in the tip of the no. 11 for pin control is also a fantastic innovation (bruno2260 used to do this to his hooks way back when...),and i have adopted it into my existing short hook/lifters,using a small round jeweler's file .
my only qualm with these tools are the way the blades are punched out of sheet stock,
they end up being one-sided,especially the thicker ones...
leaving much needed symmetry behind,in favor of lower production costs ...?
on a side note , does anyone know what klom stands for?
I think it is Korean Lock Ordinance Manufacturing Co. (just a guess...)
there..now we got .04¢ .
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

spaz101

Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:14 am

I have been using a majestic set for a while now until I realized my homemade picks worked better for my habits and such. Since then my better half has taken them and has been using them herself. so I figured I'd give them to her and buy myself a new set. My homemade picks have a smaller handle (see: awol's pointed me to the metal support in windshield wipers. Before that I used steel cable tie stuff from work but it bends easily) so they hurt my hand after a while even after i put grips on them (tried shrink tubing and even dipped rubber) so the handles appealed to me. Also a lot of people Ive read like these new picks so hell I'll give it a shot. I don't have use for the large set since 90% of the time I'm using a hook.
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:18 am

spaz101 wrote:I don't have use for the large set since 90% of the time I'm using a hook.

Yep.

After a while, you'll find yourself working with two or three favorite picks - and a shit load of tension wrenches for different locks.

More and more, I find it is the tension wrench and the pressure on the wrench that determines 90% of your success. The other 10% is the pick.
<<

omegaman

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:26 am

great review & it answers my question on weather there was an #11 hook with the dimple in the top mine snapped yesterday after about 5 months
I did use it a lot for spp american 1105's along with the majestic hook
so thanks for the review
(HAHA)

catch ya lata have fun..........................
<<

spaz101

Post Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:04 am

These things are beefy anyone have an idea what kind of case I can put them in? Also I have 2 picks I have never touched before. A 2 sided rake that has a cut down the middle (is this for auto locks?) and the weirdest looking midevil weapon ive seen. kind of like a large diamond and a hook hybrid with indented tip on both sides. they fit perfect around a pin but the thing is a beast and cant fit in any of my locks.
<<

Riff

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:24 am

spaz101 wrote:These things are beefy anyone have an idea what kind of case I can put them in? Also I have 2 picks I have never touched before. A 2 sided rake that has a cut down the middle (is this for auto locks?) and the weirdest looking midevil weapon ive seen. kind of like a large diamond and a hook hybrid with indented tip on both sides. they fit perfect around a pin but the thing is a beast and cant fit in any of my locks.

Can someone answer his question about the auto picks? I have the navigator set and have yet to find an explanation what these wild looking picks are for or how to use them. I am enjoying my navigator set though, it's got a huge variety of hooks which is awsomesauce. I'd just like to be able to use some of the other picks in the set. I assume they are auto picks. Thanks! Riff
<<

spaz101

Post Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:08 am

I was wanting to go to one and rip off some locks. I'm surprised I haven't yet. Now what about this pick I have that looks like a hallow huge half diamond that's serrated on the peak and the hook end.
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:19 am

spaz101 wrote:I was wanting to go to one and rip off some locks. I'm surprised I haven't yet. Now what about this pick I have that looks like a hallow huge half diamond that's serrated on the peak and the hook end.

I don't know about car doors - but I used that pick on an old double bitted padlock - like a Junkunc - and raked it open real easy.
Next

Return to Product Reviews