FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

TOOOL Lock Pick Set

<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:35 pm

TOOOL Lock Pick Set

This isn't a review but I didn't know where else to put this (mods can move it to a more suitable place). I will review them when I get them. I thought I'd let my fellow pick whores know that TOOOL US has produced a set of picks that look very similar to the original TOOOL picks that Barry Wels produced! You can find them at http://toool.us/equipment.html they are the "Fabulous Five Pick Kit".

Can anyone that owns the original TOOOL set post something about how they compare to the TOOOL US set?
<<

darksim905

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:56 pm

Re: TOOOL Lock Pick Set

I'm not sure what this has to do with Barry Wels, my understanding was this set was to mimic the tools that John Falle made.
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:41 pm

darksim905 wrote:I'm not sure what this has to do with Barry Wels, my understanding was this set was to mimic the tools that John Falle made.

Thanks for reminding me. They arrived and I should write a review of them. I have the Falle-Safe set and the TOOOL set is not a "mimic". The Falle-Safe set has only hooks, feelers, curves and three city rakes -- no diamonds, S-rakes, p-knuckle or Sabana. The Falle-Safe set has a huge range of curves and hooks with graduated radii, the TOOOL set has just one shallow curve and four quite distinct hooks. Also, the "signature" of the Falle-Safe set is the unique tension wrenches which aren't found in any other set.

I believe Barry Wels designed the TOOOL set, originally for TOOOL Nederlands and produced a batch many years ago. Babak Javadi and Deviant Ollam recently did a production run of that same set principally for TOOOL USA.
<<

edsmiley

Contributor - Research & Development Kingpin
Contributor - Research & Development Kingpin

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:15 pm

They also came out with a special Defcon 20 pickset as well. This time, it is a a universal handcuff shim, a sesamee decoder, 3 tensioners, a hook, and a half-diamond.

<<

darksim905

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:42 pm

Defcon gets all the nice stuff :(

Edit: thanks for the clarification
<<

mister sour

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:52 pm

ed, that pick is awesome. do you have any spares??
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:22 pm

edsmiley wrote:They also came out with a special Defcon 20 pickset as well. This time, it is a a universal handcuff shim, a sesamee decoder, 3 tensioners, a hook, and a half-diamond.

You pick whore Ed :smile: :drool: I want one of those!
<<

kchan

Post Fri May 03, 2013 9:49 am

I know it's been almost a year since this thread, but if people are still interested, TOOOL has released these in a 2-fer for $25 due to their beginner set being sold out. http://toool.us/equipment.html

PS, first post here. Hi. :smile:

Return to Product Reviews