FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Bump Hammers & Keys – BumpkeyAZ.com

<<

Lumpy

Familiar Face

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:32 pm

Bump Hammers & Keys – BumpkeyAZ.com

Good Day Everyone!,

As some of you may have read I was recently scammed by another bumpkey
supplier on the web. While I continue to try to recover my funds from that
dealer I’ve re-ordered from another dealer that was recommended to me
from a member @ Keypicking.com

I placed my order with BumpkeyAZ on April 4th. I promptly received
a confirmation e-mail of my order and moments later I received a shipping
confirmation e-mail as well.

I ordered a set of the Brockhage bump hammers (Standard & Flex) and their
(13) piece Padlock bumpkey set.

To my amazement I received my international package on April 11th at my
door.

DSC_6029.jpg

The hammers arrived in individual tool cases. I've since combined both into
one case with all my bumpkeys. Plenty of room.

The standard hammer has the black shaft and blue handle. It is a firmer plastic
and delivers a hearty bump.

DSC_6033.jpg

DSC_6034.jpg

The Flex hammer has the white shaft and grey handle. It is a more flexible
plastic and delivers a delicate bump.

DSC_6030.jpg

DSC_6031.jpg

Quality and build of both hammers is top notch.

The (13) padlock bumpkeys are a great set. Offering a good basic
assortment for padlocks. The set includes bumpkeys for:

American Bump Key A3
American Bump Key A7
Master Bump Key M1
Master Bump Key M2
Master Bump Key M4
Master Bump Key M10
Master Bump Key M11
Master Bump Key M12
Master Bump Key M13
Master Bump Key M16
Master Bump Key M19
Master Bump Key M20
Master Bump Key M21

They keys arrived on a nice key chain. Upon closer inspection I was quite
impressed with the quality of the key cuts. Nice, crisp and clean cuts.

DSC_6021.jpg

How did they work? I dug out my standard assortment (I’m still a lock
collector newbie) of padlocks. I have (6) Master #3, (2) Master 1UP, and
an American 1100.

Using the M1 bumpkey I was able with a little trial and error to bump them
all (excluding the 1100) open within 2 minutes. The 1100 has been my nemesis
since day one. I'm still attempting to bump it but do not blame the bumpkeys
in any way shape or form. Purely my lack skill. ;-)

Overall I have to say I’m quite happy with the quality of product, speed of
shipping, ease and use of their website and communication with them.

Product – 5 stars
Shipping – 5 stars
Dealer – 5 stars
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-= Lumpy =-
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:37 pm

Re: Bump Hammers & Keys – BumpkeyAZ.com

I'm glad your experience has improved with online retailers... however this really sounds more like an ad from someone from that site. Given that we have read of your travails, I'll let it slide this time... Just try not to make posts that sound like advertising in the future. It is appreciated that you have shared your experience though, and the other retailer, well... let's just say that we didn't have a very good experience with them either.
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

Lumpy

Familiar Face

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:47 pm

Let it slide? Seriously? WTF I got screwed over by an online retailer and I find another site that took
care of me, provided great customer service and prompt delivery. I'm not allowed to share that?

I looked for a FAQ to see if I was allowed to post the suppliers link before posting. Found nothing
stating such. Sorry it sounds like advertising to you. To me it was great service and deserved mention.
-= Lumpy =-
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:32 pm

I don't want Lumpy to take any heat for this, and I hope I don't get myself in any trouble either. But when I saw that Lumpy had a bad time with that other company I saw an opportunity to get him exactly what he wanted and a little more.

When I saw his post about the other place I pm'd him and let him know that he could get the same merchandise. I also asked him if I threw in a set of keys with his purchase if he would do a review. Granted I was thinking more along the lines of a youtube review I didn't get specific as I was asking a favor. The only thing we did different with Lumpy was giving him a set of keys and asking for a review. We didn't give anything else, even a discount. I've not been able to get my brother to really consider that yet since we are having a rough time with advertising expenses. I didn't mean for it to look like a paid commercial or that it was sneaky. I just wanted an honest review. I really didn't think that it was anything unethical or inappropriate to ask of him. Since you obviously see it another way please accept my sincere apology, I wouldn't want to cross this community or come off as doing any kind of scummy business practices.
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:42 pm

Did you only focus on that small phrase within my post? Seriously? WTF? Your post came off more like you owned the site you were praising than of one who had a good experience. I am quite happy for you that you found a place that provided good service. I also think that it is a good thing that you shared your good experience as that is a benefit to all here.

I would suggest re-reading my last post as I did mention that I sympathized and understood... Initially I almost deleted your post due to the way it came off. HOWEVER, I thought that deleting it would be a disservice to everyone here. Dude, all I did was ask that in the future you tone it down a bit and try not to sound like you were pimping a site you owned or were affiliated with. I KNOW THAT THAT IS NOT WHAT YOU WERE DOING which is another part of why I was letting it go. Linking to sites is fine BTW, but non-approved advertising is not. Yes, it SOUNDS like an ad, BUT, I know that it wasn't, which is why it still stands. Get a grip dude... and yeah, I even mentioned that we also had a bad experience with that same site that you did... they had approached us to be a sponsor, agreed to pay and had a banner put up and everything, and then never paid us. You are not alone in your disdain for that other site. I think that your zeal in finding a good vendor just shone through too much.

So to sum it up, please feel free to share your good customer service experiences, just try not to come off like you're pimping a site that you have an interest in (Which I KNOW AND UNDERSTAND you were not actually doing.)

Thanks, and enjoy your new toys... I sincerely that you eventually recover your funds from your attempted purchase at that other site too. And in all seriousness, you really should contest the charge with your credit card company or with whatever institution you used to pay for the goods that were not delivered.

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:45 pm

It's ok man... don't sweat it... I'm not... That maybe does explain the overall tone of it, and more than explains Lumpy's over defensiveness... it's all good. I'm glad you were able to hook him up.

mdchurchill wrote:I don't want Lumpy to take any heat for this, and I hope I don't get myself in any trouble either. But when I saw that Lumpy had a bad time with that other company I saw an opportunity to get him exactly what he wanted and a little more.

When I saw his post about the other place I pm'd him and let him know that he could get the same merchandise. I also asked him if I threw in a set of keys with his purchase if he would do a review. Granted I was thinking more along the lines of a youtube review I didn't get specific as I was asking a favor. The only thing we did different with Lumpy was giving him a set of keys and asking for a review. We didn't give anything else, even a discount. I've not been able to get my brother to really consider that yet since we are having a rough time with advertising expenses. I didn't mean for it to look like a paid commercial or that it was sneaky. I just wanted an honest review. I really didn't think that it was anything unethical or inappropriate to ask of him. Since you obviously see it another way please accept my sincere apology, I wouldn't want to cross this community or come off as doing any kind of scummy business practices.

<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:35 pm

BTW Lumpy, that's some good camera work there... it's nice to see something other than a blurry pic sometimes :) (I've been guilty of many a snapshot myself on here...)

What you shooting with?

<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:02 am

Thanks for the review Lumpy.

mdchurchill
(1) Do you ship internationally (Australia in my case)? ;
(2) Can you do an (Australian) Lockwood C4 (Silca LW4) bump key?
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:22 am

piotr wrote:Thanks for the review Lumpy.

mdchurchill
(1) Do you ship internationally (Australia in my case)? ;
(2) Can you do an (Australian) Lockwood C4 (Silca LW4) bump key?

(1) Yes we have already shipped to Australia.
(2) If I can find the key blanks.

Return to Product Reviews