FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

My Storm picks arrived, pics attached

<<

chris

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:06 pm

Re: My Storm picks arrived, pics attached

I suppose it matters if you are used to well finished, smooth picks, then going to use a pick that has some rough edges would give you a different feel inside the lock and on the pins.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs...
See those kids standing by the lake...drop some napalm and watch them bake.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs.
<<

Dopug

Familiar Face

Post Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:04 am

I'm thinking of ordering 4 storm picks. but there's such a big range, I'm a bit lost with which ones to go with.

I'm only interested in SPP, manily on euro locks, anyone got any suggestion of what i should chose?
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:07 am

Dopug wrote:I'm thinking of ordering 4 storm picks. but there's such a big range, I'm a bit lost with which ones to go with.

I'm only interested in SPP, manily on euro locks, anyone got any suggestion of what i should chose?

I don't have a ton of experience with Storm picks, but I've tried two different ones and I liked them. I've been meaning to place an order for more so I've found myself asking the same question you're asking.

I also prefer to SPP. As for the Storm hooks, the only one that caught my eye was the H3, although I think I'd have to reshape the tip a little. I might have to shorten it a little bit as well, but it's hard to be sure from the pictures. I'd also like to try some of the offset half diamond picks, but I'm mostly interested in trying the curves.

I've tried them with and without the aluminum handles, and I definitely prefer them with the handles. When I get around to ordering my picks, I'll probably get one of each of the SPP picks so I can try them all out, and it makes me wish the handles were priced a little lower so it would be more affordable to get them for all my picks.

If I had to narrow my choices down to four picks, I'd go with the H3, D5, C2 and C4. That would give me a range of things to try out and it would let me see for any future orders if I needed to go up or down a size on the half diamonds or curves.
<<

Dopug

Familiar Face

Post Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:09 am

MBI wrote:
Dopug wrote:I'm thinking of ordering 4 storm picks. but there's such a big range, I'm a bit lost with which ones to go with.

If I had to narrow my choices down to four picks, I'd go with the H3, D5, C2 and C4. That would give me a range of things to try out and it would let me see for any future orders if I needed to go up or down a size on the half diamonds or curves.

That looks like a good selection, I was shying away from the curves as I've never used them before, but as i'm starting to build up a selection of hooks, going for 2 curves is probably a good idea. Thanks for the response.
Previous

Return to Product Reviews