FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Storm H2 Pick

<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:06 pm

Storm H2 Pick

Storm H2 Pick Review. This review is for the H2 only, I have not tried any of his other picks yet.

<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:25 pm

Re: Storm H2 Pick

I remember you talking about this earlier but I didn't think it was flexing THAT much... I guess on the plus side you're never gonna break it :mrgreen:

It must be the straight shaft that causes it to flex like that, I have the D2 half diamond which has a standard tapered shaft and it hardly flexes at all even though it's very slim towards the tip... maybe if they tapered the shafts on the hooks instead they'd be a lot more rigid. Although with that said, I have the DCAP hook from peterson which has a straight shaft and it doesn't flex either so frankly I'm a bit confused.
<<

Dopug

Familiar Face

Post Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:41 pm

I really dont have any experience with professionally made picks, but all my homemade ones flex like that. I also find them pretty useless for SPP, however they seem to rake quite well, something about the way they flex seems to pop pins into set nicely.
<<

chris

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:45 pm

Dopug wrote:I really dont have any experience with professionally made picks, but all my homemade ones flex like that. I also find them pretty useless for SPP, however they seem to rake quite well, something about the way they flex seems to pop pins into set nicely.

If you want to make picks for SPP, then you need to find a better metal than whatever it is you are using now. Which is what by the way?

A lot of guys use feeler gauge stock for their home made picks, works perfectly.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs...
See those kids standing by the lake...drop some napalm and watch them bake.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs.
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:33 pm

I got the 'K3', it's a rake. I love it. Very strong and as mentioned above, it seems to rake the pins real well. Nice feedback and very strong. I like it, for £5!
<<

KokomoLock

Post Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:11 pm

I have been at it off and on all day and still not one lock picked with the H2. Even tried a Master gun lock that is the easiest lock ever and can't get it for nothing. I really wanted these picks to work!!!
<<

sandman

Post Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:36 pm

im seriously just thinking about buying a bunch of their handles, and using that for my homebrew, otherwise, looks like their picks suck ass. but i shouldnt judge just from one pick. dopug did bring up a good point, i would love to try a city rake with a flex like that. thanx for the vid.
<<

Storm

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:02 am

sandman wrote:im seriously just thinking about buying a bunch of their handles, and using that for my homebrew, otherwise, looks like their picks suck ass. but i shouldnt judge just from one pick. dopug did bring up a good point, i would love to try a city rake with a flex like that. thanx for the vid.

Hi Sand Man,

Thank you for your constructive comment.

There seems to be a little confusion in terms of our Hook Range and we will address this on our site, so thank you for bring it to our attention.

Some of you may not be aware but we have 8 hooks in our range.

H1 & H2 are feeler hooks, to aid in identify the position of pins, hence the very genital feed back given.

H3 & H4 Were designed for SPP, but were made over extended, so that they could be bespoked by the individual user. As some people prefer a flat tip whilst, others prefer a tip with a radius.

H5, H6, H7 were designed as standard hooks to be used as they are.

H8 was designed so that the user could bespoke the length of the curve at the tip, so that it could be used on a specif lock... hence the over size radius.

So as you can see there has been a great deal of thought gone into producing a range of over 60 different picks and Tension Wrenches.

And although there are many pick that are designed for the novice, we also have focused on designing a part range for the more advanced, who are used to bespoking picks to their individual style of picking or a pick to be lock / type specific.

I hope this goes someway to explaining why we have a larger range than most and why we have designed specific picks within it.

If you have any confusion or are unsure of which picks to purchase, then please pm me and i am more than happy to assist.

With much respect,

Storm
<<

chris

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:35 am

Ok, well that makes sense, large range of hooks for a large range of uses. If possible, it would be nice to see the descriptions that you just wrote here, written on the website under the product descriptions. That way we can figure out which hook it is we, as the individual picker, might need or want to try.

Thanks for the clarification on the picks though.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs...
See those kids standing by the lake...drop some napalm and watch them bake.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs.
<<

KokomoLock

Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:36 am

Storm wrote:
sandman wrote:im seriously just thinking about buying a bunch of their handles, and using that for my homebrew, otherwise, looks like their picks suck ass. but i shouldnt judge just from one pick. dopug did bring up a good point, i would love to try a city rake with a flex like that. thanx for the vid.

Hi Sand Man,

There seems to be a little confusion in terms of our Hook Range and we will address this on our site, so thank you for bring it to our attention.

Some of you may not be aware but we have 8 hooks in our range.

H1 & H2 are feeler hooks, to aid in identify the position of pins, hence the very genital feed back given.

H3 & H4 Were designed for SPP, but were made over extended, so that they could be bespoked by the individual user. As some people prefer a flat tip whilst, others prefer a tip with a radius.

H5, H6, H7 were designed as standard hooks to be used as they are.

H8 was designed so that the user could bespoke the length of the curve at the tip, so that it could be used on a specif lock... hence the over size radius.

So as you can see there has been a great deal of thought gone into producing a range of over 60 different picks and Tension Wrenches.

And although there are many pick that are designed for the novice, we also have focused on designing a part range for the more advanced, who are used to bespoking picks to their individual style of picking or a pick to be lock / type specific.

I hope this goes someway to explaining why we have a larger range than most and why we have designed specific picks within it.

If you have any confusion or are unsure of which picks to purchase, then please pm me and i am more than happy to assist.

With much respect,

Storm

Good stuff Storm, you should copy and paste that to your site right now so people know what they are buying, or maybe in the details section when you click on a picture of a pick instead of just bringing up another picture, have some info on the item?? I see the number one seller on your site is the H2 hook feeler which won't pick a lock but will "aid in identify the position of pins", I did not know a tool like that was in such high demand. I learn something new every day here at keypicking!!
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:55 am

Now it all makes sense. I'm wth the others Storm, definitely needs putting on the site to avoid any confusion in future. There has been a fair bit of wtf'ing about the hooks so this really clears up all the confusion. Nice one :D
<<

sandman

Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:14 am

Hi Sand Man,

anytime buddy! :bird:
<<

Storm

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:40 am

Thank Guys, i have added your feedback to our site. It's much appreciated....

SandMan... well i think you have said it all :smile:
<<

sandman

Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:43 pm

storm

well since were on the subject of criticism, and the fact that i did indeed registor on your website the night before you took personaly to heart my comments here on keypicking...

when i select any of the options for your tactical bag, i.e. tactical bag complete, tactical bag empty, ect, nothing comes up, i get no prices or description for any of those items.
same goes for the training tools, i.e. training rig 6 and training plugs, there is no price or description, not that a description is needed, but price would be cool.
nothing even pops up under key impression, i will assume its the awsome key clam you guys offer but the navigation leads to a blank screen.

and tho i am a registered user on your site, i have no access to your black ops tools and your method of entry tools, sooo, what level of security do i need to have just to see those items? just curious. i am a locksmith, prior military, and will have my law enforcement certs in the coming months.

you have a really cool site, and im excited that someone is catoring to the locksport and covert minded people, versus cowering behind the illusion that only locksmiths will buy your products. you guys have cool shit, and im sure, running a business, website, and relationships with customers is time consuming at best, but first impressions are everything, sooo, for me to see a product of yours, that originaly had no discription, from a website that half works, from a company that is presumably based outside of the country i reside in, for a price that is more expensive than the top american picks currently on the market,... the first impression of your product is all i have.

please let us know when there have been some updates to your site, because i for one am a fan of what you are accomplishing for the lockpicking world. thank you for your understanding and quality customer service.

sand
<<

Storm

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:13 am

Hey Sand,

Thank you for your reply... yes it has been a very busy period for us and i agree 1st impressions are everything.

Unfortunately, up until this weekend we have not been able to keep up with the phenomenal demand that our tools have created.

Although from a commercial point this is fantastic, from the website quality level offering we strive to deliver, we have to step up to the mark.

You will see many changes to the site over the next 4 weeks, new products that we have in development, such as

Padlock specific combpick 20+ Set,
80+ five lever tryout sets,
Carbon Fibre and Glass fibre Hybrid Picks
Bogota Picks
Lock Specific Dimple Picks
"FAST SNAPPER" (TM)
MOE Tools
and Many SERE products etc

And to allow us to securely run our website, we have had to re asses some of the backend programming work.

This is scheduled to be completed by Monday and then we can get back on track with what we do best... make quality tools

Thank again

PS i have also pm'd you

Storm
Next

Return to Product Reviews