FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

4 Piece By-Pass Tool Kit (D.A.M.E.) and I-Core Tension set

<<

WolfSpring

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:49 am

4 Piece By-Pass Tool Kit (D.A.M.E.) and I-Core Tension set

Sorry guys no pictures, cannot for the life of me find my camera, but I'll include them from the website.

D.A.M.E.

I-Core Tension set

I bought both of these from lockpicks.com, they are one of the few sites that ship to Iraq with minimal hassle and offer a 12% military discount.

I had an issue with shipping, the envelope had been opened and the contents could have, but luckily did not, fall out. The DAME tools were in a peterson tube, I love those things. And the I-Cores were in a baggy. My Slender reach was bent a little when I recieved it but that's the Air Forces fault not lockpicks.com.

I'll start with the I-COre. First you do not get the dipped handle slender gem or reach, they are the blue molded handles, which I know a lot of you do not like. When elbow told me how thin and flimsy the gem was I didn't realize how much he meant this thing is thin and flimsy but it is also very sturdy as a pick, not to be used for normal everyday use. The wrenches are all cut the same, just three different thicknesses. THe thickest being thicker than any piece of metal I have in my kit... The thinest is just a little thicker than the flimsy southord thin one and the middle one is about normal size. Thats what you get, thats it... for $49.00. I'm not going to say it's not worth it, but I wanted the wrenches as I will be dealing with ICs a lot in the military, I would suggest buying the gem and reach at 8 bucks each and aving the other 33 bucks for something else.

Onto the D.A.M.E.

"These tools confound normal Defenses Against Methods of Entry.
4 piece bypass kit: 1 knife tool, 1 mini knife, 1 AR trip wire and 1 AD-B Padlock Tool " www.Lockpicks.com

This set was $72.00 which bought separate the items add up to $94...

The Knife is orange dipped, the trip wire and american tool are black molded and the mini knife is an orange brown molded handle.

I have no need for the trip wire, I've never even seen an Adams rite lock.
The knife and mini Knife are $22.00 and $21.00.

I made a knife out of a failed home brew pick which is just as good, as far as the mini, it fits between the wheels on a master 175 combo lock and if you know what you are doing with practice you could de code the combo.

I really wanted the American Bypass tool as I deal with a lot of american locks. This tool is mad for the AM3 keyway and WILL NOT work on many other pad lock keyways... It also will not work on any key retaining locks, and if you encounter a wafer you have to break the wafer to get past it. I have one lock that I should be able to use this tool on right now, but I'm having no luck with it. Elbow had discussed making one out of wire, but I think it's more like a long tipped dimple pick more than a wire.

All of my tools have molded handles except the peterson knife it is dipped. I spent over 100 bucks for all this and I'm not going to say it was not worth it, but I am going to say if you are trying to be smart with your money I would buy only the tools that you need from these sets, or make them...

I'm sorry for the poor quality of this review, I hope to get pictures up, and some usage out of these tools in the following days to include more, as usual I'm happy with my purchase, but I should have spent the money in better places.
http://www.youtube.com/wolfspring

What you call intelligence, I call common sense.
<<

Indypicks

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:12 pm

Re: 4 Piece By-Pass Tool Kit (D.A.M.E.) and I-Core Tension s

Hi Wolfspring,

I didn't really like the Petersen AM700 tool. The molded handle split apart after the first use and it is unusable now. I know a lot of people really like Petersen tools so I was surprised that it didn't work well. I got one from Lockmasters that has a steel handle. It looks a lot like some picks I've seen from a company called Dino.

Return to Product Reviews