FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

storm picks

<<

darkhorse

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:28 pm

storm picks

Just had these 5 delivered today....Beautiful engineered picks...The guy has just started production in england..As I'm a new member on keypicking I wont list the web address so you'l have to google it....He sells them in sets and individuals too...below are mine...
Hook,diamond,rake,snake and curve...The curve is similar to the falles...
Image[/url]
<<

chris

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:30 pm

Re: storm picks

Nice looking picks, I like the curve, how does that hook pick look, seems like it has a very aggressive bend to the tip?
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs...
See those kids standing by the lake...drop some napalm and watch them bake.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs.
<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:34 pm

I would get a set if they weren't from England, probably only work on locks mounted upside down :razz: !! No, looks like very nice picks, wish they could find a way to make the handles quick change though!!
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:10 pm

The picks I make from hacksaw blades have the same sort of handle kokomo, can use them on rims just fine. These look pretty good, I might order myself a few.
<<

whizdumb

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:55 pm

Beautiful picks and absolutely wonderful tip shaping.. But, they look scary fragile. The shank heights are very small I would be worried I'd break them during regular use. Eitherway thanks for sharing.
Whizdumb81 wrote:You can't handle the DCAP
xe0 wrote:how about a peterson gov steel baseball bat so i can thwap motherfuckers
ecksdee wrote:To learn to pick locks is to learn how to speak a language spoken only in whispers and riddles.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HobbyPicker
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:00 pm

darkhorse wrote:I wont list the web address so you'l have to google it...

the website is on the pick handle... :P :P
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

aka.decoy

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:14 pm

xeo wrote:
darkhorse wrote:I wont list the web address so you'l have to google it...

the website is on the pick handle... :P :P

Haha!
Solomon wrote:The picks I make from hacksaw blades have the same sort of handle kokomo, can use them on rims just fine. These look pretty good, I might order myself a few.
Hey um, what did you mean by "rims"? I'm kinda clueless.
KokomoLock wrote:I would get a set if they weren't from England, probably only work on locks mounted upside down :razz: !! No, looks like very nice picks, wish they could find a way to make the handles quick change though!!

Hmm...that's an interesting project.
"Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina."

-Ron Burgundy
<<

darkhorse

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:23 pm

The maker does interchangeable handles as well but I like em as they are....the hook is a bit fragile and I dont think will stand up to my heavy hand..As for the slim blades..In the uk the keyways are very tight.....And when solomon says rims its the name of the regular type door locks over here and are called rim cylinders..Also like solomon i too make a lot of my own picks from hacksaw blades and always use them first before the commercials
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:13 pm

aka.decoy wrote:Hey um, what did you mean by "rims"? I'm kinda clueless.

Rim cylinders, as opposed to euros which typically have pins at the bottom. :)
<<

edsmiley

Contributor - Research & Development Kingpin
Contributor - Research & Development Kingpin

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:42 pm

darkhorse wrote:The maker does interchangeable handles as well but I like em as they are....the hook is a bit fragile and I dont think will stand up to my heavy hand..As for the slim blades..In the uk the keyways are very tight.....And when solomon says rims its the name of the regular type door locks over here and are called rim cylinders..Also like solomon i too make a lot of my own picks from hacksaw blades and always use them first before the commercials

According to the site:

"We give a 10Year "Peace of Mind" Warranty on all our StormLockPicks, during this period, we will repair or replace any pick which fails to give satisfactory service due to defective materials or workmanship."

Wonder how heavy handed falls within the warranty. :-)

Ed
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:41 pm

Thanks for sharing that dark horse, I didn't know about Storm Picks until your post. I am happy to see something of a burgeoning in commercial pick manufacture. Schuyler's Open Locksport set should release soon (his prototypes failed miserably, the steel was too brittle and they snapped like crisp carrots from just normal use -- I don't know why the unsuitability of the steel was discovered so late :???: )

I'd be interested to read your feedback on the Storm picks once you have used them.
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:31 am

Just realised that LSA is a member of Storm Picks "dreamteam". LSA can you organise a discount for members of keypicking.com?
<<

macgng

Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...
Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...

Post Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:48 am

i tested one of the prototype small hooks, very nice feel and awesome craftsmanship.
Nibbler: The poop-eradication is but one aspect of your importance.
<<

Storm

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:06 pm

Hi guys,

Yes, i give 10 year replacement warranty on all my picks. If you brake it, just pop it back to me and i'll replace it free of charge.

But for the record, i have had the steel manufactured with a slightly higher than normal chrome content, to enable us hand finish them better.

Also, the tensile strength has been increased to over 275,000psi which is the highest in the industry (Southord MAX =270,000 PSI)

But our picks are only 0.6mm in width!

We had a D2 Half Diamond on the trade stand last weekend that had been bent over at 90 degrees, in both directions - Over 200 times with out snapping!

As some of you may know our background is in materials and precision engineering, inc F1 prototyping and aeronautical engineering.

(www.stormdesignworks.com)

So we are very comfortable manufacturing to tight tolerances extreme strengths and welcome all constructive feedback.

Anyway, please feel free to pm me with any questions and if i can be of any assistance in your own designs then let me know as I love to help, like minded souls!

cheers

Storm
<<

Jay

Familiar Face

Post Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:51 pm

Hi Storm
I just ordered a few. Hopefully delivery to the States won,t take too long :drool:
Next

Return to Product Reviews