FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

HPC, with great regret, I eat my own words....

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:05 pm

HPC, with great regret, I eat my own words....

OK, I was advised not to buy an Hpc jacknife pick by Magician and some others, but it was already ordered. So what now..... I got it today in the mail, and I must say I am severely dissapointed, I didn't know a company could have a professional name but make something so amature. This thing is crazy, no positive lock up on the pick in use, you have to hold the piece with your thumb while picking, these guys have no idea about how you hold a pick while picking I guess. I had a Southord one a while back, that was way better than this, thats sad for me to say, Southord better than HPC! That don't happen very often. What now?? I guess it goes in a junk drawer, this is something I could never rely on to pick a lock when my other tools were not available.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:14 pm

Re: HPC, with great regret, I eat my own words....

I liked the one I had, just did not use it much. There was a little piece covered with rubber that you slide up to lock the pick in place. If you have to hold it in place with your finger, maybe it is not tight enough. Smack it with a hammer once or twice to tighten it up, mine held them in place fine.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:22 pm

ok, I will try that, better than not using it I guess. The picks are great, it's just a bad configuration, thats my opinion. I also have a mini-durex pin kit coming, I hope it is better than this purchase!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

KokomoLock

Post Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:31 pm

the lockpickkid wrote:ok, I will try that, better than not using it I guess. The picks are great, it's just a bad configuration, thats my opinion. I also have a mini-durex pin kit coming, I hope it is better than this purchase!

You did not order a mini-durex did you ???? :shock:
<<

bouncer965

Post Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:33 pm

KokomoLock wrote:
the lockpickkid wrote:ok, I will try that, better than not using it I guess. The picks are great, it's just a bad configuration, thats my opinion. I also have a mini-durex pin kit coming, I hope it is better than this purchase!

FPMSL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[“A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.”.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bouncer965
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:37 pm

OH GREAT! Ok I fixed the pick, now what the hell did I do wrong?
<<

uklockpicker

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor
The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Post Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:38 pm

bouncer965 wrote:
KokomoLock wrote:

FPMSL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :D ;)
<<

KokomoLock

Post Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:39 pm

the lockpickkid wrote:OH GREAT! Ok I fixed the pick, now what the hell did I do wrong?

Great job on fixing the pick, is it working a lot better for you now.

What you did wrong was order the mini-durex!!!!
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:27 pm

Well, the pick works, but now I am wondering if your joking or not about the pin kit. Oh well!
<<

KokomoLock

Post Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:02 pm

The pin kit is fine, I was messing with you.
<<

Thedonofdeath

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:13 pm

i see a lot of people hating on sourthord lol my first pick set was from them and it wasn't to bad. i ended up getting one from southern specialties which a lot of people hate on here to. i like southern specialties, i have a big pick set from them (lots of fillers) and there little portable kit. i have to say that little red portable kit has got me out of some sticky situations. (open my car when locked keys inside (toyota camery old) and my front door when locked out). i sold my southord set to a friend of mine and he seems to like it. anyway, as some of you know i make my own picks out of windshield wiper blades from junk yard. my own pics by far are the best ( out of the 3). something about custom picks made the way you want just makes popping that last security pin feel just a little bit better :)
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:37 am

KId, durex is a brand of condom. :lol:
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:42 am

Thedonofdeath wrote:i see a lot of people hating on sourthord lol my first pick set was from them and it wasn't to bad. i ended up getting one from southern specialties which a lot of people hate on here to. i like southern specialties, i have a big pick set from them (lots of fillers) and there little portable kit. i have to say that little red portable kit has got me out of some sticky situations. (open my car when locked keys inside (toyota camery old) and my front door when locked out). i sold my southord set to a friend of mine and he seems to like it. anyway, as some of you know i make my own picks out of windshield wiper blades from junk yard. my own pics by far are the best ( out of the 3). something about custom picks made the way you want just makes popping that last security pin feel just a little bit better :)

I actually had a Southord Jackife set, and it wasn't bad at all, sometimes I wish I still had it.

Solomon wrote:KId, durex is a brand of condom. :lol:

Now you tell me! Must not be a very good one Solomon, they make Durex pin kits that cost about as much as child birth. LOL!
<<

Ratt042

Post Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:09 pm

thanks Kokomo .... i didn't think about smacking it with a hammer :idea: ... duh why didn't i think about that lol
... thanks dude now im going to have to track mine down ..... the best thing i could come up with was to wrap a rubberband around the end .... problem was it kept slipping or worse yet it (the rubberband not the jacknife lol) broke :eyepop:

thanks for the tip... allthough i think, since if thats the only prob ( the sliding clip being too loose ) i'll just slip it in the vice :mrgreen:

come to think of it im surpised i didn't think of this before( smacks himself on the forehead ) thanks dude!
****** Ratt *******

Return to Product Reviews