FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Klom navigator pickset

<<

Steve

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:36 pm

Klom navigator pickset

alright today i got home from school and i went into my room and this package was sitting on my desk i opened it up and guess what it was myklom naigator :) ok so for the review

the picks are well made strong and the the thickness i like there is 1 slimline which will be nice and the verirty of hooks is great although one of my hooks has a little rust on it i will be able to just sand that off.although i dont think ill be using the double sided picks. and the handles are comfy i love em and the case is nice too

Rating 9/10 i gave it a 9/10 only because on personal opinion

and 10/10 for delivery time, this is because it came in 15 or so days in the holidays and everything if u want a great set for a good value and your looking for some great hooks dont skip by this set its really nice
<<

m0ose

Post Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:57 am

Re: Klom navigator pickset

I will say. Once you give those puppies a whirls, that thickness you enjoy so much can get in the way. Sometimes it's hard to find a pick thin enough for the job. Like, I enjoy the height and designs of the thicker picks, but I can't use most of them in an American keyway.
<<

johnopsec

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:06 am

I bought one of the navigator hooks on a whim. It showed up on Saturday. While I am capable of opening locks with it and it is very comfy on the hands, I find the feedback from the pick (and likely any pick with the same handle) to be *very* muted. I doubt I would have had much success with locks I was unfamiliar with.

With that said, I was able to open my Medeco Biaxial with it. It just took a LONG damned time compared to using my HPC hook which gives phenomenal feedback.
JohnOPSEC
<<

uklockpicker

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor
The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Post Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:32 am

johnopsec wrote:I bought one of the navigator hooks on a whim. It showed up on Saturday. While I am capable of opening locks with it and it is very comfy on the hands, I find the feedback from the pick (and likely any pick with the same handle) to be *very* muted. I doubt I would have had much success with locks I was unfamiliar with.

With that said, I was able to open my Medeco Biaxial with it. It just took a LONG damned time compared to using my HPC hook which gives phenomenal feedback.

you opened a medeco biaxial with the klom navigator set (HAHA)

say no more (LOL)
<<

MANDELBROT27

Familiar Face

Post Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:09 am

m0ose wrote:I will say. Once you give those puppies a whirls, that thickness you enjoy so much can get in the way. Sometimes it's hard to find a pick thin enough for the job. Like, I enjoy the height and designs of the thicker picks, but I can't use most of them in an American keyway.

I'd agree about the thickness, I also found them to bend a lot there not as good as a southord set for quality and feed back and there danned hard to get back in the case but for
£30 there good value!!!! o one more thing, i was expecting a auto tension wrench as well.
IT'S NOT GUNS THAT KILL,IT'S PEOPLE.

Return to Product Reviews