FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

GOSO Dimple Picks

<<

Doogs

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:44 pm

GOSO Dimple Picks

I posted this comment over in my homebrew thread. Thought I'd bring it over here just for a heads up. This is regarding the GOSO Dimple Pick set:

"Also my GOSO dimple picks showed up this morning...NOT IMPRESSED. half of them are identical and they are crudely made out of what I assume is spring steel similar to the Sparrows Shank and about the same thickness. hang on I'll mic them and send a pic."

"I don't know if you can notice just how overall crappy they are but I'll keep them and see if I can turn them into something usable. Thickness as you can see mic'd out to .0482 crazy ass thick for a pick, you may also not the machining marks on the back and inside of some. Don't get me started on the handles they are precisely as described on the LPC website. Now that I've totally got bummed over these they will be going back."
The other, other, other, other Mike

(21:55:20) HAL 9001RC:: Heh heh uh heh uh heh uh uh heh PhoneMan said ass
<<

VancouverSpecial

Post Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:25 pm

Re: GOSO Dimple Picks

Hello Doogs,

I have heard many unfavourable review of the Goso.

However, I have heard some positive reviews of the Souber Dimple pick set, also available at Lockpickcanada.com
I have not tried them myself but was planning to buy a set.

http://www.lockpickcanada.com/product_p/uk-mul-t.htm

Bosnianbill did a video review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x64c8tVlAA

Kind regards,
Sean
<<

Doogs

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:22 am

Hi VS71:
I ended up shipping them back (Goso's) and ordering the Soubers. I'll post pics and review first chance I get. Pricey but if they're made for Multi's I would imagine the quality is superior to the worthless Goso's (in my eyes).
The other, other, other, other Mike

(21:55:20) HAL 9001RC:: Heh heh uh heh uh heh uh uh heh PhoneMan said ass
<<

VancouverSpecial

Post Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:49 pm

Sounds good. I would love to hear your thoughts on the Souber tools after you get a chance to try them out.
Sean
<<

Kezo

Familiar Face

Post Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:49 am

The GOSO picks are ok. Most of the tools like this from China I use as "raw materials" to build my own custom tools. Some I keep as it is, and use it when I run into locks that don't respond to TLC.

The picks from Souber are really good quality. You'll love them. They're flexible, and have a very small profile to fit in most dimple locks. I bought mines from multipick years ago when it cost way more. It was worth it though.
<<

droshi

Familiar Face

Post Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:26 pm

Just wanted to weigh in as I've had the opposite experience. I got mine on banggood.com for $14 USD:
http://www.banggood.com/GOSO-14pcs-Hook ... 17385.html

They clean up amazingly well, and this is the base set that the SpooXe kit uses. So while they are somewhat like buying square tires for a car, if you're willing to put in the time with a Dremel, the base material is amazingly strong IMO.

By comparison, the interchangable handle style for about the same price is junk in my opinion. It also sucks if you want to change picks mid-picking. And the shapes aren't as good IMO. Go for the top one and spend some time. Or if you're time is very valuable, go for a SpooXe kit!
<<

MHM

Familiar Face

Post Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:04 pm

droshi wrote:Just wanted to weigh in as I've had the opposite experience. I got mine on banggood.com for $14 USD:
http://www.banggood.com/GOSO-14pcs-Hook ... 17385.html

They clean up amazingly well, and this is the base set that the SpooXe kit uses. So while they are somewhat like buying square tires for a car, if you're willing to put in the time with a Dremel, the base material is amazingly strong IMO.

By comparison, the interchangable handle style for about the same price is junk in my opinion. It also sucks if you want to change picks mid-picking. And the shapes aren't as good IMO. Go for the top one and spend some time. Or if you're time is very valuable, go for a SpooXe kit!

Hi Doogs. Yup, droshi and the others are correct - they're unusable out of the packet BUT with some careful tlc they make great picks. All of the Chinese ones are like this (my favourite to modify are the honest Dong Shi but they're all pretty much the same. I spent Christ knows how many dollars on the top of the line SpooXe kit which are indeed based on the Gosos...and even they needed some modification to get working well. All part of locksport...

Best wishes,

Michael.

Return to Product Reviews