FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Souber Dimple Lock Picks

<<

cool-arrow

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:03 pm

Souber Dimple Lock Picks

Hello,

I had wanted these since the first time I laid eyes on these over priced picks. I also had to consider that there are not many if any professional grade dimple locks picks on the market especially in the US. Considering I have never needed them I am still happy to own a set.

Picks
They are a great quality and I would put the strength of the steel about the same as HPC spring steel. They are strong enough for the job but could be a little stronger for security pins. Since they are flexible you can actually use some of the like a rake similar to the flat HS Lexus pick. The handles are hard plastic so they are nice and since you are turning the picks you really don’t need them to be soft. Some picks are very specific i.e. Mul-T-Lock telescoping pins, and others can be used on a variety of different locks.

Case
The case is real leather from what I can tell not the greatest quality but it serves its purpose. Everything fits nicely but, I think for a set like this a fold up case would have been more fitting for ease of use. You basically need to dump them all out every time you use them.

Tension wrenches
This set comes with a good variety of different wrenches small, short long, and with different tip lengths. A good variety and one always fits perfectly for the locks I have tried them on.

Conclusion
The set has a good variety of different picks shapes and sizes, and everything has a purpose for a specific lock or technique. The set may seem small but it more than serves the purpose for dimple locks. They give a lot of control and don’t feel clumsy at all like when trying to pick dimple locks with a diamond. They do take some time to get use to because you are rolling the picks, instead of rocking them. Over all a good addition for picking locks

<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:05 pm

Re: Souber Dimple Lock Picks

those look nice.
how is the steel quality?
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

cool-arrow

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:12 pm

awol70 wrote:those look nice.

Steel quality is good, it feels almost exactly like HPC spring steel. The flex it good not to much but not to little. They have kept there shape very well under a lot of pressure so that is a good sign. I would almost prefer some of the picks to be made out of Peterson GS steel but it would also take away from some of the other picks that can be used for raking. I think they did an excellent job and found the perfect balance
<<

GutterClown

Post Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:22 pm

Obtain a KABA experT cylinder and give us a review. Haha.
<<

Wozzlock

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:23 pm

Great review, much appreciated!
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:27 pm

cool-arrow wrote:
awol70 wrote:those look nice.

Steel quality is good, it feels almost exactly like HPC spring steel. The flex it good not to much but not to little. They have kept there shape very well under a lot of pressure so that is a good sign. I would almost prefer some of the picks to be made out of Peterson GS steel but it would also take away from some of the other picks that can be used for raking. I think they did an excellent job and found the perfect balance

any chance of a hi-res photo of the tip/blades?
i would like to use them as models..
thanks..
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

cool-arrow

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:53 pm

GutterClown wrote:Obtain a KABA experT cylinder and give us a review. Haha.

As soon as you send me some KABA experT locks :)

I rarely see any dimple locks in the US mostly BEST SFIC, Yale LFIC, Schlage Everest, and sometimes Medeco. I know of one franchise that uses MTL interactive locally. My guess is who ever is selling them the HS locks probably has them locked down on a contract and services them.
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:23 am

How much do they cost - if you don't mind me asking?
<<

cool-arrow

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:00 am

HallisChalmers wrote:How much do they cost - if you don't mind me asking?

I got them in a trade but MTP http://www.multipick-service.cc/htdocs/en/werkzeug/picksets/multilock/ sells them for 95 Euro

Return to Product Reviews