Any how the latch was too high so when they closed the door it would not go into the strike. So I needed to kick the door down a little so I started with the top hinge. In the picture you can see I placed a piece of popsicle stick on the side closest to the hinge. That pushes the top of the door over this bringing the latch down slightly.
I tried the door but it would still not latch. So at the bottom hinge I did the opposite and put the sick closer to the middle of the frame drawing the bottom of the door in bringing the latch down a little more.
That still did not work so I went back to the top hinge and put another sick on top of the first one and that did the trick. In the picture below I drew the yellow lines on the picture approximately where I drew with a ball point pen on the strike. I drew at the top and bottom openings of the strike so I could diagnose that adjustment is what it needed in the first place, then after that use them to show my progress.
By the way don't glue the sticks. I use a dab of lithium grease to get them to stay put.