FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Picking a Sargent LFIC out of a Sargent padlock

Forum rules
A section for neophytes learning the hobby!

Learn the requisite skills watching videos of other experienced members in action.

Post TUTORIAL videos only!
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun May 18, 2014 2:33 pm

Picking a Sargent LFIC out of a Sargent padlock

So my best friend recently got hired at another shop in town to run the shop and do all the in shop work. They threw him a Sargent padlock to see if he could pick it which he did in about 20 minutes. He brought it to me to see if I could pick it. I got it picked and re locked it with plans on picking it to control which I did about three times but could not get the core to come out. So I wondered if maybe you had to have the lock unlocked to pull the core, but it is key retaining. I finally figured out to turn the shackle 180° from normal and pick it and finally got it to come out. P.S. A Sargent with spools is a real bitch to pick.

20140518_132055.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sun May 18, 2014 2:35 pm

Re: Picking a Sargent LFIC out of a Sargent padlock

nice job! Don't know I would have thought of having the shackle at 180 to be able to remove the core.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Sun May 18, 2014 3:12 pm

GWiens2001 wrote:nice job! Don't know I would have thought of having the shackle at 180 to be able to remove the core.

Yeah, me neither. Nice pickin' Matt!!!
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

MrWizard

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun May 18, 2014 3:24 pm

Good job. I don't see what could be holding that cylinder in after the control lug has been retracted that turning the shackle could move out of the way to release the cylinder. Very strange

Richard
"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
Kurt Vonnegut
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun May 18, 2014 3:48 pm

MrWizard wrote:Good job. I don't see what could be holding that cylinder in after the control lug has been retracted that turning the shackle could move out of the way to release the cylinder. Very strange

Richard

I had to watch Doctor Who with my son before I could figure out why. The cam will not turn far enough counter clockwise to get the lug out of the housing and all the way into the core. I don't know if I had a control key if it would have pulled it far enough out of the way.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Sun May 18, 2014 4:43 pm

What is he going to do with the padlock? I've been looking for a padlock that takes a 6300 LFIC for a long time. CCL makes them but nobody seems to have them in stock. OEM Sargent is not cheap.

JM
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun May 18, 2014 4:47 pm

jeffmoss26 wrote:What is he going to do with the padlock? I've been looking for a padlock that takes a 6300 LFIC for a long time. CCL makes them but nobody seems to have them in stock. OEM Sargent is not cheap.

JM

First of all Jeff you would be second in line because I want one of those as well. :D
But he has to return it as it belongs to a customer.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Sun May 18, 2014 5:06 pm

I figured as much, lol
Didn't hurt to ask!
Somehow I ended up with 2 padlocks for the old 5100 cores, those are few and far between!
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon May 19, 2014 6:18 pm

I just got a phone call from my friend. His customer brought in a second Sargent padlock exactly the same. My friend negotiated $20 for both locks and the guy took it so I now own that lock.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Mon May 19, 2014 6:50 pm

:X

Return to Tutorials