FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

THE HISTORY AND SCIENCE OF LOCKPICK GUNS (HOW TO)

Forum rules
A section for neophytes learning the hobby!

Learn the requisite skills watching videos of other experienced members in action.

Post TUTORIAL videos only!
<<

MANDELBROT27

Familiar Face

Post Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:10 am

THE HISTORY AND SCIENCE OF LOCKPICK GUNS (HOW TO)

THIS LINK IS A GREAT GUIDE FOR BUILDING AND UNDERSTANDING LOCK PICK GUNS.

http://www.i-hacked.com/content/view/138/48/

(woohoo) (woohoo) (woohoo) (woohoo) (woohoo)
IT'S NOT GUNS THAT KILL,IT'S PEOPLE.
<<

abroxis

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:30 pm

Re: THE HISTORY AND SCIENCE OF LOCKPICK GUNS (HOW TO)

i-hacked is no longer showing this link which is too bad because the write up was pretty good for an introductiion.

We are loosing a lot of great tutorials by sites going down for good.

I was able to find a somewhat working link on the wayback machine internet archive that you may find of interest .

http://web.archive.org/web/20060427000134/http://www.i-hacked.com/content/view/138/48/
<<

abroxis

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:39 pm

Well what do ya know

[EDIT Elbow] Thanks for the link to the content in your previous post. That is sufficient as it is the full text. Just because a site is down and you have to find the content via the internet archive does not mean it is suddenly in the public domain. As such, I removed the PDF on this post and anyone who wants to see what was in it can follow the link in your immediately previous post.
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:25 pm

Common mistake: on page 4 (figure (3)(a)) he has the snapper (on the left) upside-down. The percussive force is supposed to be generated by the arm with the trap. The kinetic energy is transferred as follows:

thumb squeezes down and releases trap arm --> trap strikes needle arm --> needle arm strikes key pins

The needle arm is NOT supposed to originate the percussion and this (mis-use) will not work in a restrictive keyway in that attempting to squeeze down the needle arm will be limited by the warding of the lock cylinder. If you use the snapper correctly the percussive force will not be constrained by the free travel of the needle arm (which is inserted in the lock cylinder).

I plan on doing a video on this and ppsting it in the How-To section with the instructions on making the snapper but I am still refining my technique. To Ed and gnaurus, feel free to post a video to supplement the construction tutorial.
<<

abroxis

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:29 am

[EDIT Elbow] Thanks for the link to the content in your previous post. Just because a site is down and you have to find the content via the internet archive does not mean it is suddenly in the public domain. As such, I removed the PDF on this post and anyone who wants to see what was in it can follow the link in your immediately previous post.

That is sufficient as it is the full text.

Unfortunately some of the diagrams and illustrations that help in understanding are missing in the archived link.

I believe that this was originally accessed as an authorized by the author PDF way back in time.
However given the lack of evidence of this I certainly respect your decision to remove the post.

Return to Tutorials