FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

At what point do you consider a trade gone bad?

<<

DR2

Familiar Face

Post Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:08 am

At what point do you consider a trade gone bad?

Had a trade going on with a guy and the last time he communicated was the middle of September. He was supposed to be making me a set of picks and I had a couple S & G Combo Locks for him with working combinations. Didn't respond to a couple PMs and one E-mail sent through the site and last time he was on here, last time I checked a week ago, was middle of October. I know it takes time to make picks and he doesn't do this for a living and it's also pretty easy to get in over your head. Hell, my wife just had major surgery last week so I know how that goes. But zero communication since the middle of September, would you say this deal is null and void?

There was zero friction or bad blood in this deal. We came to an agreement and the only real tweak was I asked for a few double ended picks which didn't otherwise change the number of picks agreed on and I found him the original change key and instruction sheet for the one lock, too.

What say you?
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." ~ Arthur C. Clarke's Third Law of Prediction
<<

DR2

Familiar Face

Post Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:10 am

Re: At what point do you consider a trade gone bad?

Just checked, last time site visited now is Dec. 4. Still no response. I guess it is just in the shitter. Too bad.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." ~ Arthur C. Clarke's Third Law of Prediction
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:26 am

Please PM me the details.

Thanks
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

ARF-GEF

Post Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:28 am

Without knowing much details, and knowing that these are always sensitive subjects:

That doesn't sound too good. Did you agree on a timeframe on doing it?
What I find a bit problematic is not the length of time but the sustained lack of answer. I had businesses drag on several months, and I'm wasn't pissed at all about it. One guy started out with saying it will take a while and I accepted that. I don't even mind that. Some people are just busy and life changed in a way that they have troubles to stick to their normal routine.
Heck even I forgotten about a trade once, but when I was reminded the first time I really got my shit together.
The long lack of communication, with repeated attempts on your side is the issue IMO.

The fact that there was no friction would mean to me that he probably means no harm. Not sure, I don't know the details.

I say give him one last chance, shoot him and email and a PM and if that doesn't reply it within 10 days, then I would probably loose my patience.
After that I think at least you deserve to get your money back.

Just my 2 cents.
To infinity... and beyond!
=== WARNING DANGER OF TYPOS!===
Arfspeak: calnin cladycomes: you allow her key in themodning
Equals in plain English: cleaning lady comes: you allow her key in the morning
<<

rzr800

Post Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:02 pm

Put a lien on his house
<<

DR2

Familiar Face

Post Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:04 pm

Yeah, I don't care if it takes months to do it. The lack of response is what is getting me, too.
<<

nozza36

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:52 pm

dr2 , just what was your order ? (i'm just a curious guy)
Open Sez Me !
<<

DR2

Familiar Face

Post Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:57 pm

I'd have to go back and read the PMs but it was 10 or 12 picks or so. He started on them and they looked great and just fell silent. The guy is not a tool, I don't know what the deal is but if something changes, someone should at least say, Hey, it fell apart for whatever reason instead of just falling silent.
<<

Altashot

Post Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:41 pm

Sh*t happens.
About 2 month ago, I sent a PM to a member here saying that I was shipping the item today and I was going to give him the tracking number later that day, but, I didn't.

I suffered a mild stroke that very afternoon. My life changed forever and I was confused for the best part of one week.
I did eventually send the item and explained what had happened. He was patient and did not bash me on the forum for my lack of communication and I am very thankful for it. I did visit the forum at least once a day during my convalescence but I did not reply to the pm as I was still pretty confused by the recent stroke.

This member could have jump to the conclusion that I was a liar or that I was negligent or even a thief. I suddenly disappeared...
The truth was that I had a blood cloth lodged in my brain and it left me very messed up for almost a week. I could have died and never be heard from again...

Sh*t does happen.

M.
<<

DR2

Familiar Face

Post Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:59 pm

Do you see me posting his name and slamming him or being unreasonable?

Now, I could have just shut my mouth and listed the two locks for trade and then he might have posted about me welching on the deal...which I don't think he would have had a right to complain about at this point but I am trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. I really don't think what happened to you is relevant to a guy who has logged on to this site a few times but otherwise hasn't answered a PM or E-mail in nearly three months now.
<<

PhoneMan

I've gone and said something stupid, haven't I?
I've gone and said something stupid, haven't I?

Post Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:09 pm

Really, there's no excuse to not reply, even if you've gon through hell, you can at least say something like "hey sorry I've been busy, etc..." and let someone know what's up. Sadly sounds like you're getting the cold shoulder.
<<

Medecopen

Familiar Face

Post Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:53 pm

I'd post his handle up and wouldn't bat a eye as long as it's within the rules here... If this guys goin threw some rough times then he can answer in the thread and everyone can take that for what it's worth...
If he chooses to ignore it then at least others will know there a issue with him or other members might come forward and say ya he owes me some picks also or what not...
I know I'm still wet behind the ears here but that's how I see it...
<<

DR2

Familiar Face

Post Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:11 pm

I'm reluctant to do that. If The Powers That Be decide to do that, as they have asked who it is, that is up to them. Had he literally ripped me off, you would already know his name. :D

Return to Good And Bad Traders