FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Ebay Ad - Best 91B719 shrouded padlock - HUGE!

<<

phrygianradar

Post Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:05 pm

Re: Ebay Ad - Best 91B719 shrouded padlock - HUGE!

Thank you for your quick reply! That's how I thought they came apart and I tried to spray lube down it, so now I'm wondering if I actually picked it to control… I guess it'll stay in the naughty box for a while but I'll get it eventually! It is a super sweet lock though!
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:31 pm

phrygianradar wrote:Thank you for your quick reply! That's how I thought they came apart and I tried to spray lube down it, so now I'm wondering if I actually picked it to control… I guess it'll stay in the naughty box for a while but I'll get it eventually! It is a super sweet lock though!

It will turn 15 degrees when it is to control. Sometimes cores are a really tight fit so you need a bit of force to pull them out.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

phrygianradar

Post Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:14 am

I have pulled tons of these cores but never one from a padlock that has this armor plating on it! Looks like it's just a very deep False set and I haven't really picked it to the control yet… That's the only thing I can think of so I will keep trying!
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:22 pm

phrygianradar wrote:I have pulled tons of these cores but never one from a padlock that has this armor plating on it! Looks like it's just a very deep False set and I haven't really picked it to the control yet… That's the only thing I can think of so I will keep trying!

These cores are the 5C version. They have a thicker than normal control lug that has a slot in it. There is a lug in the lock that fits into the groove in the control lug to add greater security. The core also has slots in the side of the core near the front so that it slides and locks into the front plate.

<<

phrygianradar

Post Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:08 pm

That must be why it feels like such a deep false set but I can't pull the core out? There is a slot in the lug? I didn't know that about these cores but I can tell something different is going on. I have only found a few ic cores that have spools in them, so I know they are out there, but not real common. I have a little Arrow A2 pin kit that has a few of the sizes as spools too. This is one of the toughest ic cores I have tried to pull ever. Thanks again for the info!
<<

DroppedTensionWrench

Post Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:43 pm

phrygianradar wrote:I have pulled tons of these cores but never one from a padlock that has this armor plating on it! Looks like it's just a very deep False set and I haven't really picked it to the control yet… That's the only thing I can think of so I will keep trying!

Having the same problem with a Kaba Peaks. Super deep false set that looks like control, but no dice. Must be some killer deep spools.
<<

Riyame

Post Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:00 pm

phrygianradar wrote:That must be why it feels like such a deep false set but I can't pull the core out? There is a slot in the lug? I didn't know that about these cores but I can tell something different is going on. I have only found a few ic cores that have spools in them, so I know they are out there, but not real common. I have a little Arrow A2 pin kit that has a few of the sizes as spools too. This is one of the toughest ic cores I have tried to pull ever. Thanks again for the info!

There was a small misunderstanding. The slot is on the outside of the core, not the inside.

5C core on the left, normal one on the right.

<<

phrygianradar

Post Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:24 pm

Thanks for the pic. That is worth a thousand words! Can't wait to get mine out and look at it... Makes sense that the slot is not on the inside, probably wouldn't work. Just a tough one I guess.you have been very helpful so thanks again!
<<

phrygianradar

Post Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:49 pm

I just picked it!!!! OMG what a relief! It's so beautiful... I'm going to cry...

Okay, I'm better now. This thing is super cool and I'm glad it's in my collection.
<<

phrygianradar

Post Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:18 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eP4plgCrvBU

If anyone wants to see a quick video of the insides. Hope I did the link correctly.
Previous

Return to Buy, Sell & Trade