FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Ebay Ad - Best 91B719 shrouded padlock - HUGE!

<<

VancouverSpecial

Post Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:24 pm

Ebay Ad - Best 91B719 shrouded padlock - HUGE!

Hello Good Folks of KP,

I ran across the most bad-assed Best padlock I've ever seen - a 91B719.

A huge shrouded padlock and new in the box. It contains a Q keyway and requires longer than normal keys due to the added steel plate covering the keyway.

Here's part of the description from the ad:

This was the biggest lock produced by Best and is no longer made. It is made from a solid block of milled hardened stainless steel alloy. It is approximately 2 1/2" wide, 3 1/2" tall, and 1 3/8" thick. The shackle locks at both heel and toe with dead locking tumblers that obstructive shimming. It is made of a special hardened steel alloy and is 1/2" thick.

I bet it will sell for some serious $$$ - so far 30 watchers and 3 days left.
[Note: I have no affiliation to the seller].

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Best-High-security-shrouded-padlock-new-in-box-91B719-very-rare-/261542497266?&_trksid=p2056016.m2516.l5255

I uploaded the pics so they would be viewable even after the auction ends. If it's not okay to post photos from ads please let me know and I'll take them down.

Enjoy,
Sean

Presenting the 91B719 in all her glory: :hbg:
Best 91B719 Shrouded Padlock - High security - NIB + 2 Oper keys (longer) - Q keyway - a.JPG

Best 91B719 Shrouded Padlock - High security - NIB + 2 Oper keys (longer) - Q keyway - b.jpg

Best 91B719 Shrouded Padlock - High security - NIB + 2 Oper keys (longer) - Q keyway - c.jpg

Best 91B719 Shrouded Padlock - High security - NIB + 2 Oper keys (longer) - Q keyway - d.jpg

Best 91B719 Shrouded Padlock - High security - NIB + 2 Oper keys (longer) - Q keyway - e.jpg

Best 91B719 Shrouded Padlock - High security - NIB + 2 Oper keys (longer) - Q keyway - f.jpg

Best 91B719 Shrouded Padlock - High security - NIB + 2 Oper keys (longer) - Q keyway - g.jpg

Best 91B719 Shrouded Padlock - High security - NIB + 2 Oper keys (longer) - Q keyway - h.jpg

Best 91B719 Shrouded Padlock - High security - NIB + 2 Oper keys (longer) - Q keyway - i.jpg

Best 91B719 Shrouded Padlock - High security - NIB + 2 Oper keys (longer) - Q keyway - j.jpg

[Note: - the photos are not mine - they are the Ebay seller's named esurm]

Ps.
If anyone buys it please upload a video so we can see it in action :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:28 pm

Re: Ebay Ad - Best 91B719 shrouded padlock - HUGE!

HAHAHA! Thanks for the free advertisement ;)

This is actually my lock. Normally uploading another persons pictures would break copyright laws and they would have to be taken down so it is a big nono but they are mine and I say it is ok.

I can make a video tomorrow if you want.

Here are some pictures comparing it to an S&G 833.
ImageImageImageImageImage
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

VancouverSpecial

Post Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:39 pm

LOL! Riy!

Okay sweet - no issues then.
I was pretty sure it would be a KP poster as I've watched some of your videos under a similar name to your ebay handle (i.e., mresurm).
Also I hate it when the links to photos go dead, which is why the uploading.

Can you tell how much I LOVE your lock :drool:

I love the pics next to the S&G.

Now you MUST post a video before you sell it - please!

Sean
<<

mister sour

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:47 am

IM STILL HIGH BIDDER. CHALLENGE ME IF YOU DARE.
<<

VancouverSpecial

Post Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:30 pm

mister sour wrote:IM STILL HIGH BIDDER. CHALLENGE ME IF YOU DARE.

Um... "eeek?" <cowers in fear>

:razz:
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:50 pm

Fight! Fight! :boxing:

:mrgreen:

If I could afford it, I'd jump in the ring, too.

Good luck to both of you, plus whoever outbids Sour. ;)

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

mister sour

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:08 am

Riy, you realyy should have used the comparison pictures on ebay. People might have crapped themselves, because I didnt know it was that big (Jeff, "TWSS!") until you posted these pictures.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:11 am

Think the average eBayer would not know what an S&G 833 is, let alone the size. But for those who do, you are right, Sour.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:36 am

To do that I would have to cancel all of the bids. Once a bid or offer is placed it locks the description.

<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:44 am

If you wanna cancel the bids, I'll save you the relisting fees and give you fifty bucks for it! ;) Then you wouldn't need to add the pictures. :P

Gordon
<<

VancouverSpecial

Post Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:04 pm

Riy,
Post a video - please!
:drool:

Thanks,
Sean
<<

Riyame

Post Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:15 pm

Well, I have looked high and low for my tripod but cant find the damned thing so I had to shoot this one handed (Yes Jeff, TWSS). So unfortunately I coudlnt do a comparison with an 833. I did use a second lock with the same core protection so that you could see how it works. You can see the slots in the bible of the core that hole the front plate on. The control lug is also much thicker than in normal cores and has a slot in the middle because there is actually a piece sticking out in the lock that goes there to help prevent control lug drilling attacks.

<<

VancouverSpecial

Post Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:40 pm

Thanks for the video Riyame!

What a beautiful lock and it really is quite massive.

Even so, I can't believe it went for $355 - wow!
All this free publicity sent the bidding through the roof - you can send me my commision via paypal or make out the check to: S-E-A-N
:razz:

Anyway, congrats on a successful sale.

Have a great weekend everyone,
Sean
<<

phrygianradar

Post Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:13 am

I know this is an old thread, but I just got one of theses best padlocks with the oval armor plating at the bottom and only have an operating key; no control... So I am almost positive I've picked it to the control position but can't pull the core. There are most definitely spool pins in it because it gives a big false set. Does anyone know for SURE how this lock comes apart?! I am an accomplished picker and a locksmith professionally, but this has me stymied. I can't tell for sure beyond a shadow of a doubt that I picked to control because of the deep false set; but I am pretty certain. Any help or description would be great. It is "F" key way. Like that matters... Best part (sorry for the pun), is that I paid $32 bucks for it!
<<

Riyame

Post Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:07 pm

phrygianradar wrote:I know this is an old thread, but I just got one of theses best padlocks with the oval armor plating at the bottom and only have an operating key; no control... So I am almost positive I've picked it to the control position but can't pull the core. There are most definitely spool pins in it because it gives a big false set. Does anyone know for SURE how this lock comes apart?! I am an accomplished picker and a locksmith professionally, but this has me stymied. I can't tell for sure beyond a shadow of a doubt that I picked to control because of the deep false set; but I am pretty certain. Any help or description would be great. It is "F" key way. Like that matters... Best part (sorry for the pun), is that I paid $32 bucks for it!

Just like a normal Best padlock it will pull straight out once it is to control. It may must be stuck. Try to stick a hook/dental pick or something behind the spinning thing and use that to pull it really hard.

When you rekey these you will need to use the long blanks as normal ones are too short. They also need special cores so you can't replace that one with a normal one.

Next

Return to Buy, Sell & Trade