FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Looking for an Abus 83CS/80 (Rock) Anyone Anyone?

<<

MarkChapterThirteen

Post Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:25 pm

Looking for an Abus 83CS/80 (Rock) Anyone Anyone?

Looking for a Rock, ya'll... Been looking for a while. Any leads for a nice used one would be appreciated.

TIA
<<

tpark

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:54 pm

Re: Looking for an Abus 83CS/80 (Rock) Anyone Anyone?

MarkChapterThirteen wrote:Looking for a Rock, ya'll... Been looking for a while. Any leads for a nice used one would be appreciated.

TIA

This one is new, but on sale. With an adapter, a KIK core can be used. I've bought a number of these from Brockhage.

http://www.lockpicks.com/abus-rock-83-80-300-s2.html

Edit: If you're looking for one that takes SFIC cores, this is the wrong item.
Second edit: Ahh, I see it comes with a high security core - I should have looked first. That one new is very expensive, so I am not adding it to my collection any time soon.
Last edited by tpark on Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:13 pm

They make an 83/80 that takes an SFIC? Thought the only other model only took Scandinavian Ovals.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

tpark

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:25 pm

GWiens2001 wrote:They make an 83/80 that takes an SFIC? Thought the only other model only took Scandinavian Ovals.

Gordon

I believe you are correct, I did some research and my assumption was wrong. I think now that the ic designation means interchangeable core
83CS-IC/55 for example, does take IC cores.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:38 pm

tpark wrote:
GWiens2001 wrote:They make an 83/80 that takes an SFIC? Thought the only other model only took Scandinavian Ovals.

Gordon

I believe you are correct, I did some research and my assumption was wrong. I think now that the ic designation means interchangeable core

I've been known to make an error from time to time. In fact, think it is less common for me to get something correct. :D I just wanted to know if there was another model on the market, so I asked for clarification. ;)

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

tpark

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:29 pm

GWiens2001 wrote:
tpark wrote:

Gordon

I've been known to make an error from time to time. In fact, think it is less common for me to get something correct. :D I just wanted to know if there was another model on the market, so I asked for clarification. ;)

Gordon

Maybe I was really hoping that this existed. I didn't know that it was available in a model that took Euro cylinders. The new ones of the Euro cylinder 83/80 I've found online seem rather ... expensive. Now I know that they're available though, thanks to you :)
<<

macgng

Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...
Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...

Post Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:45 pm

the CS model is a concealed shackle... they are really only in europe in the 80 size and shrouded and only take a half oval (that ive seen). the S2 core is the same as the regular 83/45 model cores. :( id like a 80mm shrouded one in the S2 but doesnt seem like they make that
Nibbler: The poop-eradication is but one aspect of your importance.

Return to Buy, Sell & Trade