FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

WTB - BiLock Face Plate (or warding)

<<

fgarci03

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:54 pm

WTB - BiLock Face Plate (or warding)

Hey guys,

Broke my BiLock's warding today. The key still works, but it's now looking bad, and I can't tension the lock properly now.
It's a BiLock FG QCC that you can see here: http://imgur.com/a/TJ5m9#50.

Now it looks like this:

Does anyone have this spare part?? I really want to have my lock complete again... :-? :-? :-?
Go ahead, keep plugging away, picking on me! You will end up on bypass or with rigor mortise.
- GWiens2001
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:26 pm

Re: WTB - BiLock Face Plate (or warding)

:axeem:

Revenge of the BiLock.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

fgarci03

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:28 pm

He prefered to break, than to bend to my ruling.
I gotta give him that!

But I will pick this bastard, with or without warding!
Go ahead, keep plugging away, picking on me! You will end up on bypass or with rigor mortise.
- GWiens2001
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:15 pm

Try making a tensioner that fits into the faceplate. Start square, as wide as both keyways combined, then file it into two parts, one for each side of they keyway. That way, when you get another faceplate (after your facepalm), it will fit that, too. The outside of both sides will still tension the lock just fine, and it would not have applied tension to the center part that broke. If you make it with two arms instead of the normal one, then it will also apply tension evenly to the plug, making picking a little easier. One side will still bind first, but it won't wedge it over.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:50 am

Lol, you and the rest of the planet mate! You were trying to pick it, weren't you? :smile:

This is how I tension mine, it requires no 'tooth' pressure:

Regarding picking it...it took me AGES to get mine. Have you got the key? There are only 4 cut heights but if you are unlucky enough to have a deep 4 cut behind a shallow 0 cut (like me) then I could not get the high one without disturbing the low one in front. I did not have a pick that would do it. In the end I had to re-shape a gonzo hook and come at the deep one from the middle of the keyway. A real PITA.
<<

fgarci03

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:19 am

GWiens2001 wrote:That way, when you get another faceplate (after your facepalm), it will fit that, too.

Hahahahahahaha :mrgreen:

Yeah, I'll give a go at such tool, thanks!

huxleypig wrote:Lol, you and the rest of the planet mate! You were trying to pick it, weren't you? :smile:

Me?? Naaaah :bs: :mrgreen:

I like how you do it, but I don't have magnets with the perfect width for it. I'll sure try it when I get some.

On picking it, yes I do have a deep cut like that, I'll have to see how I can get to it :mrgreen:
- GWiens2001

Return to Buy, Sell & Trade