FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Key blanks wanted

<<

Gregted

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:25 am

Key blanks wanted

Looking for Abloy Disklock and Abloy Classic blanks to suit the following locks.

Abloy QT65B lock front-small.jpg
Abloy SA8.1 lock front- small.jpg

Also more common blanks, Yale, Lockwood, Whitco, etc to have a go at impressioning.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aut viam inveniam aut ipse viam faciam
"I shall either find a way, or make a way myself."

“People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.” ― George Bernard Shaw
<<

Wizer

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:11 am

Re: Key blanks wanted

You need to gut the High Profile to see the profile disc on the bottom, only the can you know which blank fits it.
Blanks for High Profile are available, but I bet the disclock blanks are hard to find.
You coud fabricate the blank from brass or (heavily) modify another blank like Silca TOY40P.
Good luck!
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:31 am

Think I can find Disclock blanks. Will check into it. Only have one left in with my box-o-blanks.

As for the High Profile blank - Wizer is correct about needing the tip profile disc. Could you get one with a different profile disc and use a Dremel, Wizer?

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Wizer

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:19 am

GWiens2001 wrote: Could you get one with a different profile disc and use a Dremel, Wizer?

Gordon

Yes, you can. But if the first cut (nearest to tip) is deep like 4-5, your warding cut can weaken the blank too much so the tip will break in normal use. Dremel/file only as little as you must.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:19 pm

The problem with disclock blanks is that there are actually different keyways that differ with the angle, length etc of the tabs. You might have to modify the face cap or the blank to get things to work.

As for the warded discs in the classic, couldn't you just disassemble and use a file to take off the warding and just use it as a normal disc?
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

Wizer

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:27 pm

Riyame wrote:As for the warded discs in the classic, couldn't you just disassemble and use a file to take off the warding and just use it as a normal disc?

:smile: You sure could. That way you can use any Profile or High Profile blank for the lock. Note that I speak of Profiles, Classic blanks are thinner.
<<

Gregted

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:21 pm

Thanks for the replys.

I will disassemble the classic this arvo.

Found this article on abloy. Explains a lot.

http://toool.nl/images/5/58/Abloy.pdf

“People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.” ― George Bernard Shaw
<<

Gregted

Familiar Face

Post Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:31 am

Here is a close up of my cover disk. Paper grid is 5mm x 5mm.
Cover disk opening is 7.5mm wide and 3.6mm high. 0.315 inch by 0.141 inch.
Abloy classic cover disk.jpg

Is there any other information needed to obtain a blank?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:20 am

Yes. That is the first profile disc. If you look at the discs near the tip of the key, you will see one with even more warding. The additional ward will be on the round part of the inner profile.

Your picture in the thread you did with the parts of this lock shows the extra needed disc in the middle row, all the way to the right. A close up of that disc, along with the above picture, should help an ABLOY lockie determine the needed blank.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Wizer

Familiar Face

Post Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:02 am

Assuming the photo of the lock is not mirror image, the profile disc in second picture is upside down.
There is no aftermarket blank for that exact combo of front & back profile discs. This is pretty common, sort of key restriction a lockie has made.
You could take JMAs ABL-6, or Silca AY29, and file a slot on the tip of the key.

edit: ...Of course its not mirrorimage, because of the Abloy print. This is a classic example of not seeing the obvious when consentrating on a detail.
<<

plugspin

Familiar Face

Post Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:56 am

Just curious Gregted, how do you intend to cut your Disklock key? I have a Disklock code cutting machine but I've never used it because blanks are so freaking expensive. I have a source for them but only in quantities of 100 at $4 each.

Return to Buy, Sell & Trade