FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Yale Bicentric Padlock wanted!

<<

spuds

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:09 pm

Re: Yale Bicentric Padlock wanted!

Thanks Robotnik got more to go on now!

Robotnik wrote:
spuds wrote:@LocksportSouth on your link to ebay lock Heavy Duty Strong 14mm Thick Shackle Double Key Disc Type Padlock BC2-2 What info do you have on this lock what was it used for any other history on it? Thanks

LocksportSouth wrote:Sure thing, I'm hoping to get pics up in my lock thread soon, just haven't found the time recently to take them. I have a couple of locks outstanding :).

In the meantime, Here's a link to the eBay auction. They are only £4.95 - currently there are 70 sold and 6 available so get in quick if you want one! £2.95 shipping in the UK but may be a bit more internationally. If they won't ship internationally, let me know - I can always order another one (or a few) and ship them out for a trade :).

Oh and I can confirm that it's both bicentric and dual custody (assuming that I have the right definition of those terms!).
There are three keys supplier per keyway, and the keyways are keyed different. Both cylinders must be unlocked to open the lock. They keys are similar to the old Abloy classic (I believe the term is "High profile") keys :).

The only Yale bicentric I can currently find is This one, but that one comes with no keys and would cost me around $200 after the item, shipping and import fees :(. I'll keep an eye out, though (or set up a saved search). Was just wondering if anyone on here would be happy to sell one :).

Based off some casual searching I did, these appear to have been manufactured by the Чаз (ChAZ) lock company out of Russia. Company's been around since the 1970s, but the mfg date on the paperwork accompanying mine was 1992, which would be post-Soviet. Can't really speak to specific use; it's not a current product of theirs.
Even Duct tape can't fix stupid But it can muffle the sound ! ;-)
Jim
<<

ith

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:35 am

Re: Yale Bicentric Padlock wanted!

These things are still available at the same price. I just received one the other day. I too am looking for more information on them. If I find anything I will be sure to report back.

Ith
Previous

Return to Buy, Sell & Trade