FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Yale Bicentric Padlock wanted!

<<

Alera

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:56 pm

Yale Bicentric Padlock wanted!

Looking to buy one of these bad boys. With keys, and a control key if available. PM me if you've got it. Willing to do trades as well.
'Go Analog Baby, You're So Post-Modern'
<<

LocksportSouth

Post Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:42 am

Re: Yale Bicentric Padlock wanted!

I know it's an old thread, but I'd love one of these. I keep seeing Robotnik's thread pop up and am constantly in awe of the awesomeness that is these bicentric locks. I did actually pick up a cheap dual custody / bicentric lock on eBay that takes two disc detainer keys but I'd love to get hold of one of these Yales.

If anyone has one in decent condition with BOTH keys, let me know (along with a pic or two!) and how much you want for it ;)
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:38 am

Can we get pics of the DC disc detainer lock? Don't recall having seen them.

Yale Bicentric locks are on eBay from time to time. Have a DC one, myself.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

LocksportSouth

Post Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:45 am

Sure thing, I'm hoping to get pics up in my lock thread soon, just haven't found the time recently to take them. I have a couple of locks outstanding :).

In the meantime, Here's a link to the eBay auction. They are only £4.95 - currently there are 70 sold and 6 available so get in quick if you want one! £2.95 shipping in the UK but may be a bit more internationally. If they won't ship internationally, let me know - I can always order another one (or a few) and ship them out for a trade :).

Oh and I can confirm that it's both bicentric and dual custody (assuming that I have the right definition of those terms!).
There are three keys supplier per keyway, and the keyways are keyed different. Both cylinders must be unlocked to open the lock. They keys are similar to the old Abloy classic (I believe the term is "High profile") keys :).

The only Yale bicentric I can currently find is This one, but that one comes with no keys and would cost me around $200 after the item, shipping and import fees :(. I'll keep an eye out, though (or set up a saved search). Was just wondering if anyone on here would be happy to sell one :).
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:56 am

Just bought one of those disc detainer padlocks off eBay. Thanks for the link! :D

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

LocksportSouth

Post Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:08 am

You're welcome :). It's a pretty awesome lock, I'll try and get some pics up ASAP. And for that price, you can't go wrong!
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:23 pm

LocksportSouth wrote:You're welcome :). It's a pretty awesome lock, I'll try and get some pics up ASAP. And for that price, you can't go wrong!

Very true. The price, even with shipping to the United States, is great. :)

Gordon
<<

spuds

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:06 pm

I'm in on the Yale Bicentric Padlock with keys If there are any out there for sale
Even Duct tape can't fix stupid But it can muffle the sound ! ;-)
Jim
<<

Robotnik

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:55 pm

GWiens2001 wrote:
LocksportSouth wrote:You're welcome :). It's a pretty awesome lock, I'll try and get some pics up ASAP. And for that price, you can't go wrong!

Very true. The price, even with shipping to the United States, is great. :)

Gordon

Agreed. I just bought one too :)
<<

Robotnik

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:08 pm

As for the Yale bicentric DC, if I hear of any for sale, I'll let you know.

One consideration on keys - I and other forum members have code books for Yale padlocks. If you find a keyless bicentric with a blind code, one of us may be able to provide bitting (emphasis on may - these do get re-keyed or go off-book)
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:18 am

I can't remember which side it is, but a few years back when some of us were picking up some of these locks off eBay, we had difficulty getting blanks for one side (they aren't the same). Most of the ones with some keys, only had them for the side that had blanks readily available. Of course.
<<

LocksportSouth

Post Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:14 am

Thank you Robotnik for keeping and eye out and both you and MBI for that info - makes sense I guess, since one side is seen as a higher security tier. If I see of any with no keys I'll post here, I'm not sure how common it is to find one of these with both keys though. I've set up a search on eBay too so if anything pops up that seems interesting, I'll post it here.
<<

Robotnik

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:38 pm

MBI wrote:I can't remember which side it is, but a few years back when some of us were picking up some of these locks off eBay, we had difficulty getting blanks for one side (they aren't the same). Most of the ones with some keys, only had them for the side that had blanks readily available. Of course.

The OSU shared custody bicentrics' master plugs take 997EB/Y5 blanks (if I recall); finding the original E10E3R Yale blanks has been...challenging...for me.

When it comes to the larger, 900-series dual custody, I've seen a number of them (including my own) that use G series blanks, which are relatively easy to source. GA, GD, GB, etc...or use something like a a G or GST (multi-section/all-section blank).
<<

spuds

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:56 pm

@LocksportSouth on your link to ebay lock Heavy Duty Strong 14mm Thick Shackle Double Key Disc Type Padlock BC2-2 What info do you have on this lock what was it used for any other history on it? Thanks

LocksportSouth wrote:Sure thing, I'm hoping to get pics up in my lock thread soon, just haven't found the time recently to take them. I have a couple of locks outstanding :).

In the meantime, Here's a link to the eBay auction. They are only £4.95 - currently there are 70 sold and 6 available so get in quick if you want one! £2.95 shipping in the UK but may be a bit more internationally. If they won't ship internationally, let me know - I can always order another one (or a few) and ship them out for a trade :).

Oh and I can confirm that it's both bicentric and dual custody (assuming that I have the right definition of those terms!).
There are three keys supplier per keyway, and the keyways are keyed different. Both cylinders must be unlocked to open the lock. They keys are similar to the old Abloy classic (I believe the term is "High profile") keys :).

The only Yale bicentric I can currently find is This one, but that one comes with no keys and would cost me around $200 after the item, shipping and import fees :(. I'll keep an eye out, though (or set up a saved search). Was just wondering if anyone on here would be happy to sell one :).
Even Duct tape can't fix stupid But it can muffle the sound ! ;-)
Jim
<<

Robotnik

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:39 pm

spuds wrote:@LocksportSouth on your link to ebay lock Heavy Duty Strong 14mm Thick Shackle Double Key Disc Type Padlock BC2-2 What info do you have on this lock what was it used for any other history on it? Thanks

LocksportSouth wrote:Sure thing, I'm hoping to get pics up in my lock thread soon, just haven't found the time recently to take them. I have a couple of locks outstanding :).

Based off some casual searching I did, these appear to have been manufactured by the Чаз (ChAZ) lock company out of Russia. Company's been around since the 1970s, but the mfg date on the paperwork accompanying mine was 1992, which would be post-Soviet. Can't really speak to specific use; it's not a current product of theirs.
Next

Return to Buy, Sell & Trade