FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Ratyoke pick auction

<<

ratyoke

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:22 pm

Ratyoke pick auction

Auction~

Set of 2 picks with tulipwood handles. Pick blades are .024" feeler gauge, pins are sterling silver.

As many of you know, I live in Korea. I made these while visiting the US in January. They are the first picks I have made in 2 years and will be the last ones for about another year or more since I'm staying in Korea till at least spring 2015.

Right now the picks are at my parents house in Chicago. I will have my parents send the picks to the winning bidder.

Starting bid is $180 for the set of 2.

Shipping will be $12 within the USA via Fed Ex.

Auction will run until 11:59PM Central time, Tuesday Feb. 11, 2014

<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:23 pm

Re: Ratyoke pick auction

$180...right here
<<

Sublimis

Familiar Face

Post Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:24 pm

$190...
<<

Jowens90

Familiar Face

Post Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:38 am

Just looked through the other posts of of amazing picks.. im in awe... $200
<<

ratyoke

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:36 pm

Couple more hours...
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:18 pm

Ratyoke custom picks are some of the most highly sought after handmade picks in the Locksport Community in recent years, and have also been featured in professional locksmith journals. Word has spread: some of his original handle designs are so popular they've been ripped off. Cheap, plastic reproductions of some are now seen on some picksets coming out of China. Nowhere near the same quality, but it shows how far and wide his picks are known. But there's no mistaking the copies for the originals. His painstaking craftsmanship and attention to detail are evident in every single part of every pick he makes.

I don't get anything out of this, so I'm not touting these picks for my sake. I'm issuing this praise so people who may be newer and not familiar with his work will understand just what you're getting for your money. They are excellent picks and personally, I'd rank him in the top three pickmakers I've ever known.

We allow him to auction picks here so the very few picks he has time to make these days now that he's travelling will be available to users and collectors who frequent this forum. In recent years he's only made and sold between one and six sets per year.
<<

ratyoke

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:28 pm

Jowens90 wrote:Just looked through the other posts of of amazing picks.. im in awe... $200

Auction is finished. Jowens90 is the winner.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:16 pm

Congratulations, Jowens90!
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

ratyoke

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:42 pm

MBI wrote:Ratyoke custom picks are some of the most highly sought after handmade picks in the Locksport Community in recent years, and have also been featured in professional locksmith journals. Word has spread: some of his original handle designs are so popular they've been ripped off. Cheap, plastic reproductions of some are now seen on some picksets coming out of China. Nowhere near the same quality, but it shows how far and wide his picks are known. But there's no mistaking the copies for the originals. His painstaking craftsmanship and attention to detail are evident in every single part of every pick he makes.

I don't get anything out of this, so I'm not touting these picks for my sake. I'm issuing this praise so people who may be newer and not familiar with his work will understand just what you're getting for your money. They are excellent picks and personally, I'd rank him in the top three pickmakers I've ever known.

We allow him to auction picks here so the very few picks he has time to make these days now that he's travelling will be available to users and collectors who frequent this forum. In recent years he's only made and sold between one and six sets per year.

Thanks MBI.

Return to Buy, Sell & Trade